Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FAQIntroductionsNewbies

New to the WGAN Forum? Please introduce yourself14

JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
Im running a matterport scanning company in anaheim, Ca called OC Matterport. Right now, my market is homes starting at $950,000 and leases above 5,000 a month in the Orange County area ( We're looking at 1600+ in our market). My company is pretty new, we have completed about 10 scans in the 3 weeks since receiving are camera. I would love to talk to y'all about what tips and tricks you have picked up.

Very Respectfully,
Jake Rees
OC Matterport
(714)248-8185
ocmatterport.com
Post 26 IP   flag post
Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I'm just getting started with my Matteport camera and have only scanned 3 properties so far. I'm in Long Beach, CA.

Craig Sauer
3D Interior Scanning
310 953 3298
www.3dinteriorscanning.com
Post 27 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings all. I'm Jamie from Canada.
I've been using matterport for the past 12 months. We specialize in the real estate market, offering hi end photography, aerial footage, video production and floor plans.
Exciting to introduce a new technology to the market in Canada.

Dan, I had a look at some of your work, very nice.
I've completed a few large scans myself (8000+) and run into the challenges that most of you are facing.
I'm glad to see matterport keep updating their app.

Cheers everyone
Post 28 IP   flag post
Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
Hello fellow Matterporters - if that's the properly coined term. Some of you may know me as CEO of Nodal Ninja (nothing to do with Ninja style Karate - we sell panoramic photography equipment). Well I also dabble in other projects as well to include the acquisition and use of the Matterport. My wife Kim is an Associate Broker and Real Estate agent here in the Phoenix area. So while I might do some occasional work on the side I am also teaching Kim how to use the Matterport in her profession as well. It will add great value to her listings.

I found this group via Google and it seems much more active than the Matterport Forum. We've also done a bit of business in the past with Dan (hey Dan).
I'm looking forward to learning more and sharing some of the projects we do. We can all learn from other peoples experiences.
Here is sample outdoor scan of our backyard:.
Excuse the yard mess - it is fall and we are in the process of moving.

Cheers
Bill
Post 29 IP   flag post
grantmuller private msg quote post Address this user
Great outdoor scans!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Nodal Ninja
Founder
Bill private msg quote post Address this user
thx - you can actually stand in front of the water feature. It came at the price of a cactus needle in the leg
Post 31 IP   flag post
Chris_invelopnow1 private msg quote post Address this user
Good day all,

My name is Chris Malacarne and we are starting a Matterport based company in good ol' St. Louis Area. We are launching the first week of 2015 and I have done multiple test scans and had great success! We have many booking for scans starting in 2015. I do hope "we get around" developeds into a great reference source and also helps to determine a standard pricing guide. www.invelopenow.com is our company website which will launch in a week or so. I am a commercial photographer expanding into this new market. www.chrismalacarne.com is my commercial link. I hope to establish a great business and many new friends as we all grow with this new technology.

Thanks for the time
Chris
Post 32 IP   flag post
MichaelT private msg quote post Address this user
Greetings all,

My name is Michael Trufant. I own a video production company in Asheville, NC. I am looking to add Matterport to our portfolio of offerings. I spoke to Dan and he pointed me here to find a forum and peer colleagues. I look forward to the journey!

Blessings (and revenue) in the New Year
Michael
Post 33 IP   flag post
DavidH private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

My name is David Hughes, and I am the owner of St. Louis 3D Tours. I have been doing Matterport 3D Tours for a month or so, and have been getting great feedback so far!

I am also a real estate agent, so I plan to use this technology for all of my listings as well.

My website is www.stl3dtours.com

I have examples of our work on the site, and should be adding several more in the coming weeks.

Good luck to all in 2015!

David
Post 34 IP   flag post
Jacques private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all and a happy new year!

I'm Jacques from the South of France on the French Riviera (close to Saint Tropez, Cannes, Nice...).

I'm just getting started with my Matteport camera and have only scanned one property so far.

I set up my own company in 2005 (I'm an engineer in electronics and computer science) and work as a consultant for big companies in the computer/telecom industry.
I've bought a Matterport 3D camera with a colleague to try to diversify our business here in France.

I hope that I will be able to contribute efficiently to this forum/community.

Once again I wish you all the best for 2015!

Jacques
Post 35 IP   flag post
Omaha, NE
judysmithre private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Matterporters,
My name is Judy Smith and luxury Realtor in Omaha, Nebraska. I just got my Matterport yesterday afternoon and so far have scanned 2 homes. I would love some tips how to improve them. The thing that bugs me the most is seeing the camera in the mirrors. Anyone have a fix?

I am really anxious to start marketing this new way to show homes!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Judy,

Nice scans! I get stuck in a few rooms in the first test scan. I find it advantageous to remove scan locations in the unity plug in. It will make for a smoother transition through the property as the viewer will not have to click as much. I always try to think of the best vantage point in each room and make a scan there with other scans leading to that one. The camera in the mirror is just something you will have to learn to live with as well as the shadow from the camera on the walls sometimes.

Chris Malacarne
www.invelopnow.com
Post 37 IP   flag post
MikeRosenhahn private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,
This looks like a great group! I'm a realtor in Colorado Springs and I just did my first scan. I'm excited to learn how to optimize my camera and use it to grow my business.

One question I had is there anyway to remove the debris from around the the model after it's scanned?

Post 38 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@MikeRosenhahn Welcome to the Matterport User Group Forum.

If by "debris" you mean the stuff outside the model, use the trim tools. See Matterport User Guide for Capture App 2.0. You will find the link to the User Guide in the MUG Forum Matterport resource list.

Screen grab from your model above.

Best,

Dan
Post 39 IP   flag post
dfellars private msg quote post Address this user
My company ScanDimensions provides Matterport 3D Scans to the Greater Chicago, Rockford, Madison and Milwaukee Markets. We are a preferred Matterport provider and one of the first companies to receive their camera and have completed more than 50 scans of Residential, Commercial and Industrial Properties.

Our sister company Bird in Hand Media, LLC is a web development and social media marketing company and we have created a number of websites to specifically host Matterport Scans.

Here is a model of restaurateur Jerry Kleiner's 9000 sq ft home in Chicago:

and an example of an industrial shop and office:
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_invelopnow1
Good day all,

My name is Chris Malacarne and we are starting a Matterport based company in good ol' St. Louis Area. We are launching the first week of 2015 and I have done multiple test scans and had great success! We have many booking for scans starting in 2015. I do hope "we get around" developeds into a great reference source and also helps to determine a standard pricing guide. www.invelopnow.com is our company website which will launch in a week or so. I am a commercial photographer expanding into this new market. www.chrismalacarne.com is my commercial link. I hope to establish a great business and many new friends as we all grow with this new technology.

Thanks for the time
Chris
Post 41 IP   flag post
San Antonio, TX
EricThomas private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all,

I am Eric Thomas a Realtor in San Antonio TX. I just ordered the Matterport camera and really enjoy this forum and all of the information and discussion provided. My current plan is to scan listings both my own as well as teammates inside our brokerage. I also work with a lot of out of town military buyers and with permission this could be a huge asset in helping them make their purchase decision even easier.
Post 42 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,
Very happy to find this forum. New company out of Lubbock TX with only 2 scans done. Looking forward to using this tech and seeing what everyone does with it.

Alex Leach
alx3Ddesigns.com
Post 43 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
New to the Matterport User Group Forum? Please introduce yourself in this thread....

Thanks,

Dan
Post 44 IP   flag post
smaclenn private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,
Thanks for hosting this user group. We received our camera 2 weeks ago and have done a dozen scans. We're a small indie brokerage, and hope to have almost all of our listings with 3D scans. I started out taking the scans but can't do it full time so we've partnered with a local photographer. I'm still blown away with each new model that we produce, this is amazing technology. Looking forward to sharing with and learning from you all.

Thanks, Sara.

PS - we've created a gallery of our scans at www.LivREAL3D.com

@edmontonblogger
livrealestate.ca
780-486-8655
780-239-4574
Post 45 IP   flag post
PieroBortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Ciao a tutti... hello all...
My name is Piero and I write from Italy
Me, my brother Andrea and his girl Alessandra start with Matterport camera in Italy
We think is a great business
I appreciate this forum
Thank you Dan and everybody
Thank you for the tips and tricks. It's just one month that we read this forum.
Where matterport support don't arrive.....
The camera it's arrived last week and tomorrow we have the first job. "Fingers crossed"
See you soon,
Thanks,
Piero
Post 46 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
Ciao
Post 47 IP   flag post
WarrenVandal private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all, from Toronto - I am new to the Matterport universe. I've had my camera for a few weeks now and like everyone, I am blown away by the technology and the resulting models. Thanks to Dan for all of the great information here and on his website.

Regards,
Warren.
Post 48 IP   flag post
CarlosFHdz private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all, my name is Carlos Hernandez, I've ordered my camera and will be launching my matterport scan business in April. I am in the San Diego area. Thank you for all the information posted here.

Carlos.
Post 49 IP   flag post
JoeMontaleone private msg quote post Address this user
Hello Everyone, I have been using Matterport for approx one year and we are now creating a new website to compliment and really promote matterport service and also expand our business also outside of my Real Estate business for my clients. Any great website ideas or business ideas that you can share would be wonderful. Thank you from Ontario Canada.
Joe Montaleone,
Post 50 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
We have 100+ members. We look forward to your post here.
Post 51 IP   flag post
JonModene private msg quote post Address this user
Heh! I just got my Matterport, shot my first 3D tour - and it worked.

Real estate broker in Toledo, Ohio.

Looking to get my Matterport integrated into my online marketing and start showing off my client's homes with this amazing new tool.
Post 52 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Thank you for introducing yourself here.
Post 53 IP   flag post
PatrickBruder private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I am a newer Realtor in Upstate NY, I am looking at starting a separate business to provide 3D modeling and photography services partnered with a local photographer just starting his business as well. We were both in the Navy Nuclear Program together and we are both excited to break into this field. I look forward to learning from everyone's experiences as well as contributing our ideas and lessons learned as well.

From my vast (1 Yr) real estate experience I think this is a game changing technology

Thank you to Dan for starting this forum!
Post 54 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@PatrickBruder thank you for your service.
Post 55 IP   flag post
101704 925 30