Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Business DevelopmentInsta360 One XMeet KevinNewbiesVersusVideo

Video: "How to Make $100,000 a year Pushing a Button"13991

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: "How to Make $100,000 a year Pushing a Button" | Video courtesy of Meet Kevin YouTube Channel | 5 April 2020

Hi All,

Are you making a $100,000 a year pushing a button?

From the Meet Kevin YouTube Channel:

If you can push a button, you can start a 3D Scanning, 360-degree Matterport scanning business using the Matterport Pro2 or the Insta 360 camera. These cameras are incredibly easy to use and since they scan in 360-degrees, you don't even have to point the camera. The Matterport software makes uploading a breeze and with less than an hour of work you can have a 3D, 360-degree virtual tour of most homes or properties. I've used this technology since 2017 in all of my real estate investments, property management work, and sales. Not only is it extremely helpful for selling property, but it always allows me to measure my properties and create flat 3D floor plans. I also love that I can document the property's condition right before tenant move in for security deposit purposes.

How do you make a 3D virtual tour? Like the ones that look like Google Maps inside a house? It's easy! You push a button in the Matterport Capture app and your camera and the software does all the work for you. In no time you end up with a 360-degree virtual tour.

This is a review of the Insta360 X vs the Matterport Pro 2. Should you spend more? Is it necessary? See for yourself. I'll also break down the pros and cons / cost-benefit analysis the Matterport vs the Insta 360 and recommend one.

Source: Meet Kevin YouTube Channel

What are your thoughts after watching this video? (It's been viewed by 409,000 since it was posted 5 April 2020 (today is 13 January 2020).

Best,

Dan

P.S. While I found the technical description - including the camera comparison helpful - I thought the $100,000 was over-simplified and misleading. I would be surprised if anyone in the WGAN Community is making $100,000 year only doing Matterport scanning. Correct me if I am wrong please!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Dunetop private msg quote post Address this user
Agreed. Need to offer more then just what he is saying. Although, Kevin may make that much selling youtube endorsments.
Post 2 IP   flag post
dndavis private msg quote post Address this user
I remember Kevin's first "Make $$ with Matterport" (not the actual title, but close) video. I hadn't heard of MP before that, but Kevin, judging by the comments from actual users, wildly optimistic in his guess about what a photographer could charge for a run-of-the-mill MP shoot.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Last year I did $90,000 in sales. I haven't completed my taxes yet this year, but I was almost twice as busy as last year and feel comfortable that I will do around $150,000 this year from Matterport projects.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rzphotoman
Last year I did $90,000 in sales. I haven't completed my taxes yet this year, but I was almost twice as busy as last year and feel comfortable that I will do around $150,000 this year from Matterport projects.

That's awesome!

I stand corrected!

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I remember similar video about drones. Reality is that you cannot fly where you want and most jobs are exactly there. I know video guys who will fly even if it is not allowed filming with all video effects including manual orbiting. The fine for breaking drone rules can reach $7000 in Australia. However they charge for property video $300-700.

Regarding Kevin's Matterport video you can use a camera anywhere unless it is some kind of military or a private property and you have no permission to do it.

Can you make a $100 000 just with tours? I guess you can even do more but majority may not even make a half of it. I am close to half but I am also counting business and property photos services which I started offering 7 months ago.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?