Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseHelp WantedHow ToProblems

Problems hiding floors in a model13946

sese private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there,

I have a model of 4 floors and I want to hide 3 of them.

I have hidden the scans in the workshop and for a moment I got what I wanted, that none of these 3 floors could be navigated or shown in the dollhouse.

I have seen many tours where there are areas of the model unpublished and in spite of this they are shown in the dollhouse but only the relieve or contour as if these areas were diffused.

For a moment I was able to see my model like this (3 floors hidden but keeping its contour in the 3D model) while I was editing it, but when I left the workshop and went back in, the model (dollhouse) showed all the plants, although it only lets me navigate through the area I have published.

Curiously although scans are hidden in these 3 floors, you can still see the floors in the floorview too.

Hope you can help me with this.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @sese. I shouldn't be the first one jumping onto this thread because my thoughts are "I think this is what you should do". Not "this is what you should do". Others will know better. But, I'm here and so I'll offer. Maybe I'm not 100% clear on your desire. It sounds like you want to keep the shape of the 4 floor dollhouse, but hide the scans so there is a "ghost" of an outline of the other 3 floors? Someone else will have to help you with that. That sounds like a Matterpack/Cad job.

If your desire is to eliminate those other floors then in the Capture App, copy the model, delete the scans on the floors you don't want and upload the new model. I don't think that's what you are going for and I'm sure this is info you already know, but I thought I'd offer.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
*caution*, eliminating pivotal scans could cause your whole model to collapse. So, definitely make a copy before you edit in Capture.
Post 3 IP   flag post
sese private msg quote post Address this user
Hi @toddwaddington,

I just found out how it works.

You have to sellect only the floor you want to show in layers menu, and then in the dollhouse you will only see that floor and the remaining floors appear as a "ghost".

The problem is that you cannot use this view in the reel if the dollhouse is hidden.

Thanks for your help anyway!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Cool, @sese! I learned something new. Thanks!
Post 5 IP   flag post
101421 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?