Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PredictionsQuestion of the Day

Question of the Day: What are your predictions about Virtual Tours in 2021?13884

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Wednesday, 30 December 2020) is:

What are your predictions about Virtual Tours in 2021?

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
I think the market will slow down some owing to saturation and lack of inventory. The field will also be introduced to more options for creating 3D-ish presentations, but none of them will touch matterport for effectiveness, realism, and ease of use. Realtors and the like will try their hands at doing tours with phones and the like but give up when they realize it’s not just the technology that makes things. I predict that the fix for using time shift with theta in capture will not be developed.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
My guess is that the uses of virtual tours, greatly increased since the pandemic began, will continue. Surveys show buyers love them, sellers now understand what they are, and savvy agents will remember this. Matterport is still the Cadillac (GeoCV was/is the Bentley) but there are others which excel depending upon a property’s amenities and a client’s technical needs.

I agree with @HarlanHambright that very few agents will create tours themselves. Heck, nothing was simpler than Zillow’s original “Zillow videos” years back but few agents even tried, and 80% of what they shot was so bad as to downsell the properties. Creating quality 3D/360° virtual tours cannot be “Uberized” for years to come if ever. Homes are simply too different from one another and few agents want to deal with the technology. They have enough to do to get a home prepared, staged, marketed, negotiated and through escrow.

We’ve spoken of this before, but I find agents really appreciate “one-stop shopping”. I encourage WGAN members to master not only one or more 3D/360° virtual tour processes, but quality HDR photography and, if you can, videos as well. If you feel unqualified, reach out to photographers in your area who do what you do not, and team up! Use WP3D Models or another system to deliver single-property websites. Use MPEmbed to add music and other features to your Matterport tours. Master flying a drone to shoot stills and aerial panoramas to incorporate using ThreeSixty.Tours or 3DVista. Agents love being able to call ONE PERSON and get all their visual marketing delivered.

I’m doing more and more shoots where the agent provides the lockbox code, I go shoot everything, turn off the lights, lock up, reset the lockbox and am paid by Venmo, Zelle, or PayPal. Talk about social distancing! I’m more distanced at work than at home.

Last tip... We have more months ahead until this pandemic is (hopefully) conquered. Use this time to learn and expand your skills and improve your marketing. I have some technophobic agents who ask me to even upload photos and virtual tour links to the MLS for them. Have you learned how to do this? It’s worth the time and effort to become known as a professional who can solve many problems. I’d never say I can do everything (and it’s a moving target!) but we should try.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Birmingham, Alabama
rko1 private msg quote post Address this user
We have been doing photographs, Matterport, Matterport Conversions to Video, Aerial 360s, Aerial Photographs and Video, Several other types of tours, Slideshows, Various types of Videos, Webpages, Uploads to MLS. We recognized that the commercial side is growing rapidly, and we have began to grow quickly on that side. We had seen some of the great work that Kevin has done at Home3D, especially on the commercial side.

We use WP3D and 3D Vista, and will be adding many new features this year to make our products as unique as we can in order to differentiate us from all others.

Dan has also been a great help in our growing on the commercial side. We are looking for many new greater things to come.

Happy New Years all. Be safe.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Other predictions for 2021?

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
Know one knows when, but one day the housing price bubble will deflate again. It may be triggered by mortgage defaults or another event but meteoric rises in property values always have a limit. When this occurs, the sellers’ market will decline and agents will need to better promote properties.

For us, the greatest shift is that more of the general public understands virtual tours and their value. Slowly but surely the aggregators are embracing virtual tours more. As my post today (of my email blast) presents, Redfin’s maps have added a tiny marker showing listings which include a Matterport or Youtube video, and listings have a prominent button “3D Walkthrough”. Realtor does the same but includes other types of virtual tours and video links such as Vimeo.

My direct communications with Zillow indicate they will soon follow suit and are aware that buyers want more virtual tours. When Zillow activates these upgrades, we can share this news with our customers and likely adoption will grow.

Our big, intractable, problem is that it’s agents who pay for what we do, they work for sellers, but it’s Buyers who want virtual tours. Agents want to spend as little as possible and sellers don’t yet insist on tours as they do photographs. It’s a gradual process. I believe one day 3D/360 tours will be as required as photos.

In the short term, I’m with @rko1 believing that commercial virtual tours that require greater creativity and customization are the area of growth. Unfortunately, Matterport will continue their push to expand its use but treat us like “scan technicians” as they have called us. Growth is away from Matterport.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?