Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ArtistPoolsTip of the WeekTips

Tip: How to add water to a pool in Matterport Dollhouse View13883

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Tip of the Week
---
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Home3D
I got my first camera at age 12 and have owned many since. So I’m an artist first, trying to maintain a good business approach to work.

When I’m working for an agent/client who is appreciative, who recognizes my level of commitment to service, I often go above and beyond. For example, this month I had several small jobs booked for HDR photos only, but delivered a MP tour as well as an end-of-year thank you.

If I’m on a job that pays decently and I see the opportunity to do something special, I often do it, both for the personal learning as well as creating a great example for future project pitches. For example, This home I saw as an opportunity to add a few Z1 scans to put water in the dollhouse pool view. It worked, and I’m happy to have the model to differentiate from low-end scanners around town. I duplicate a model like this, removed the Z1 scans from the model, reprocess, and use this model for making floor plans.

There are two approaches to increasing revenue: do more, often charging less, maybe with numerous employees, to ‘scale up’ even if the margin is less. Or, aim for an unmatched level of service to those clients who appreciate quality, striving to always exceed what the competition delivers. I happen to go the second route, but both approaches are sound.

Hi All,

Los Angeles-based Home3D.us Photographer Kevin Dole (@Home3D) shows how to add water to a pool in a Matterport Dollhouse View (above) from this related WGAN Forum discussion:

Question of the Day: Are you a Matterport Artist or Business Person?

Congrats Kevin! This is an AWESOME (ARTISTIC) technique. Thanks for sharing!

Happy New Year,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
Oboldyrev private msg quote post Address this user
If you don't have a z1 you can do 360s with pro2 and convert them to 3D.
Post 2 IP   flag post
rodrigocastillo private msg quote post Address this user
@Oboldyrev Noob question, have a couple 360 images of the area of a pool. How do I convert them to 3d?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
Oboldyrev private msg quote post Address this user
When you tap 360 on the map you should get a menu. Bottom item on the menu should be convert to 3D
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodrigocastillo
@Oboldyrev Noob question, have a couple 360 images of the area of a pool. How do I convert them to 3d?

In addition to what @Oboldyrev has mentioned above I would recommend to create a copy of a project and do 3D conversion for the copy. This will save you from any problems created by conversion as you have your original version of the project you can go roll back to.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Istanbul, Turkey
alirizacil private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,
It also work when you create 360 photo withg MP2 camera and turn it to the 3d.

Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I remember I have one with the pool done with a Pro2 only.

It did not really go well using 3D conversions. I did about 6 near the pool alone. It seemed to screw up the internal part moving the back wall in the gym about 1 meter. The client has still agreed to get the tour as it is.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101432 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?