Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 487 Unique Visitors
9,068 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,149 Page Views | 18,641 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum

matterport wish list - 2 apartment homes1388

JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

In my area I get a lot of requests to scan 2 apartment homes.
This is not a guest home like some may assume, but a one or two bedroom space in the basement of a home (that the owner rents out) that has a separate entrance.

My problem is not only do I have to pay for 2 models, none of my customers want a second link because the MLS system and most Real Estate Brokers websites can only accommodate one link. Usually they now ask to have the main unit only scanned but the second unit or apartment is the best selling feature of the property.

My thoughts on a solution is if within the model, you could toggle between main unit and apartment such as you can between doll house and floor plan mode. Some kind of a apartment button or hyperlink of some kind. This way we can send one link for both spaces.

Any thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
you can't connect? at sunset?
Post 2 IP   flag post
I live in the snowiest part of canada where it is winter 8 months of the year...lol

Its not unusual for it to be -10C and snow blowing sideways, and very rough terrain from the front to the back door on new homes when the landscaping is not complete.

It cost me about 8 thousand canadian dollars to get the camera here, i'm definitely not bringing it outside in that kind of weather.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a few links that show the same model using WP3D Models.

"Standard" View
(Your site branding)
http://wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/multiple-models-demo/

"Nobrand" View
(No site branding, and contact info remove from model)
http://wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/multiple-models-demo/nobrand/

"Skinned" View
(Single Page Website template)
http://wp3dmodels.com/3d-model/multiple-models-demo/skinned/

All of these "views" are generated once you create one model, and then its easy to connect another inside a tab (as shown here) or several other ways.

Note that you'd easily be able to post the "Nobrand" view to your local MLS as a single link and yet still promote both models.

Hope that helps!

Ross
Post 4 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Oh..and note that the "WP3D Models" branding on these pages would be replaced with your own logo & branding, if you were to be using this software on your site.

Additionally...you can optionally replace your branding on select pages with that of your scanning client (agent/etc). This creates a valuable "upsell" option for you to offer, allowing your client a fully white-labeled product...but one where you & your domain get the inbound link credit, SEO value of time-on-site & analytics/traffic data.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks Ross, I'm taking a look through the site now to see if its what I need and if there are any drawbacks.

From what I can tell so far, its a set annual fee for any volume of models?

For the single page site, do you charge the client and fill out all the additional info yourself or is there a back office login that you can give your client so they can complete it themselves.

I can see the client coming back a dozen times to re word things, change pricing, add additional stuff....etc. I don't want that nightmare if I have a a few hundred models displayed.

John
Post 6 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
Hi John..

Sounds great...please reach out if you have questions.

You are correct, there is no limit to the number of models you can add with our software. Once you've purchased the license, the sky is the limit. The standard license is valid for 1-year, but the software will not stop working when that license expires. You'd just need an active license in order to upgrade to the latest version (to gain access to new features and/or bugfixes) or to reach out to our support for help.

For the single site, you (the photographer/scanner) would be filling out the data yourself. There is not a back-office login available to each client/etc. Most WP3D Models clients are finding that these pages can be created very quickly (especially if you can copy/paste from the existing MLS data) and you can easily charge extra for additional revisions if that becomes a hassle with select clients.

Keeping the control of this under your own umbrella offers you another source of revenue beyond property scanning. It also sets you apart from any competition you might be seeing and adding this data yourself ensures that the end product (with your branding) is presented exactly how you want to be seen.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101955 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?