Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseDroneLargePricingScanningScans

Pricing advice on 75,000 SQ FT manufacturing floor/warehouse/office space?13836

3DElevations private msg quote post Address this user
Hi all,

Looking for pricing advice in the uk. I’m putting a quote together for a 75k feet site, mixture of a manufacturing floor/warehouse and office space.

The customer wants a 3D tour, promo vid and possibly some drone footage. I’m fairly new to the game so not sure what the market rate is for something this large. I’ve advised it may have to be 2 scans already.

I’m using the pro 2 camera and a mavic zoom.

Any indication on a price point would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance

Christian
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I don’t mean to sound simplistic, but estimate the hours of work you expect this to require, both shooting and post-production editing, and what you need to support your family for that period of time. Add at least 25% because it’ll probably take longer and/or you deserve to make some profit. Report the price to your client and if they balk, you have to decide if it’s worth taking the loss to gain the finished example for your future marketing. I’ve done this on several occasions for a new kind of project.

You are worth your expertise. You’re not just someone who shows up with a box of equipment. Your skill is valuable. Matterport wants people to believe everyone with a Pro camera is the same, but we’re not. As your talent and problem-solving skills improve, don’t let people devalue you on price.

When someone calls me up and the first question is price, I’m inclined to end the call ASAP. If I need brain surgery, my first question isn’t price, it’s skill. Treat your own expertise the same way, and be comfortable telling people what you’re worth and why.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Ok thanks. So there's 2 other companies quoting for the work so although I agree with your points I was keen to get gage of market rate from someone with more experience. A quote that's either too high or too low can affect credibility.

I need to get it in today so I'll be talking your points on board, ping it across and see what they come back with.

Cheers
Post 3 IP   flag post
Mason, Ohio
TimothyThomas private msg quote post Address this user
Christian,
A lot of "depends" on what is in the way in the buildings... 75K SF of space for me takes 2.5-3 full days of scanning Matterport (most I have done in a day is 50K... but that was ideal conditions). So I would price it 3 full days at 950.00 a day for the Matterport. Half day 500.00 for drone footage. Full Day for editing and programming 950.00. 4,300.00 plus expenses...

Make sure you have a couple of extra power banks for your IPad...
spaces that big, I go thru two extra batteries on my iPad in a 10 hour day

T
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thanks Timothy, that's a big help. I'm just adding the costs to the quote now. Your message was just in the nick of time, I think I was going in a bit low.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Mason, Ohio
TimothyThomas private msg quote post Address this user
Good luck... that's what I price in this part of the world.
Put in a disclaimer that if it only takes 2 days to scan you will bill actual shoot days.
I'd rather go in a little high vs going back and asking for more because I needed an extra day to shoot.

T
Post 6 IP   flag post
wishing_well private msg quote post Address this user
Solid advice from Home3D. If there are competition offers try and stand out by posing the job in a different perspective than the others. The worst place to be is a direct comparison as it's a race to the bottom pricing wise, you need to use every customer contact as a point of variation.
Post 7 IP   flag post
101436 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?