Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 823 Unique Visitors
9,049 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,558 Page Views | 18,831 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Real EstateRealtorsVirtual Reality

New in Thousand Oaks, CA1380

BDPelton private msg quote post Address this user
Just ordered my Matterport camera. Looking forward to working with local Real Estate agents to create 3D virtual tours.
Would love to also do Film and Television sets. I have worked as a still photographer, web designer and am excited about my new ventures.
Post 1 IP   flag post
DaveJohnson private msg quote post Address this user
BDPelton, I wish you the best of luck. I am trying to justify the cost of the equipment and I am am concerned about the propriety nature of Matterport. If they go down, I believe my clients experience would be cut off. I may be wrong. If not, everyone needs to address this in the contract. Make sure that the third party responsibility is addressed in the contract. Please tell me if I am missing something. Best luck BDPelton!
Post 2 IP   flag post
suncoastskyview private msg quote post Address this user
You make a good point, Dave. Thanks.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Thanks Suncoastskyview! Can you imagine what it would be like for any Matterport vendor if the client's videos are not on-line? Wow. Hope I'm wrong about this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
You will do great. As far as the what if you can say that about a lot of things. As a web developer what if the internet went down? YouTube? Facebook?

Instead focus on making hay while the sun shines and making sure you have a good terms and conditions subtly placed in your marketing.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Glenn, I know what you are saying. Trump would be proud of you but you are missing one point. The point is that the internet is the infrastructure with massive resources and support. It's a given that it is likely reliable but yes, it can be taken down. The proprietary third party platform is another notch lower. The premise of your statement is trivializing the fact that a third party company is less likely to survive compared to "The internet" It's just not apples to apples.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
This thread is to encourage and not throw out possibilities of how doom and gloom will happen. What if your successful money making facebook or youtube channel gets banned? Godaddy didnt have nameservers working last year and a million clients didnt have their site up for a day.I could go on but I'd rather wish her well because she will make a six figure income in the next 18 months if she does it right and I'll bet you $100 matterport wont go away.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Glenn, I love being positive. Don't get me wrong but when my children ask me about the truth, I don't BS them. The truth is that any 3rd party proprietary deals are risky. I hope your financial advisor does not just stick with the fluffy good news and advices you about the pros and cons of each financial decision. Would you agree that anyone offering Matterport services would be wise to address this in the contact? I have pondered offering this service to Wedding venues. After several years, IF Matterport moved on then all the work, I was paid to provide could literally disappear. If there was a way to download the full presentation, offering the Matterport user to still provide the full presentation from a different host, I would be and many others would be very excited. It's just like having a website through Wix vs having an website independent. It's a no brainer man. Having full control of the content is the best situation. I'm not saying Matterport is going down. There is going to be competition in the future though and $4500.00 + hosting is a number worth considering all the potential possibilities.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
my original post
"Instead focus on making hay while the sun shines and making sure you have a good terms and conditions subtly placed in your marketing."

You provide a service with matterport and if you have your terms and conditions right you are covered. I have a 12 page contract for my services and one of the conditions is that the internet goes down for good.

I just dont listen to people saying they are trying to help when its just their nature to want to show the negative. I tell people who bought the camera to go out there and get business. There is plenty of it if you have the positive personality, use this forum to get help and marketing ideas and don't worry about al gore pulling the plug on the internet.

Matterport owners will make money before Matterport goes away. Addtionally? Matterport owners are NOT selling matterport scans. They are selling premium property marketing and today that is Matterport, HD photos and aerial footage where legal. If you market that way then when Lucifer comes up and destroys matterport all that sell the premium property marketing approach still have their client base to market the next best thing to.

Thanks for the chat but I have to go to work.

If anyone needs help this forum is full of people willing to help you up to a great career. Good Luck to all.
Post 9 IP   flag post
kenangiguere private msg quote post Address this user
Your Matterport camera will probably be out of date and old technology before you have to worry about the company going away!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Glenn, glad to hear you have a solid contract!
Post 11 IP   flag post
101604 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?