Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DJIDroneLidarVideoZenmuse L1

Video: DJI Zenmuse L1 LiDAR | CM accuracy at 450M range.13760

Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user

Maybe others have seen this, but I had not. Very cool game changer.
CM accuracy at 450M range.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0v-oCD8bX0
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
This is remarkable and looks good.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Houston
DJI is very good about repurposing their tech. I could easily see a OSMO Lidar unit.
Post 3 IP   flag post
iGuide
Sales Team
Kitchener, Canada
andriystrebkov private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, that's really cool, definitely a game-changer in many industries. Do you think it can be applied to the real estate industry potentially? I doubt it can be?
Post 4 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
It depends on the way you develop the final project if there was a software to overlay photos on 3d m I model it would be great for larger properties. If the 3d pointcloud is dense enough to give you a realistic model then you would not need the photo overlay. But definitely another step in the right direction for large scale properties.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@briangreul

WOW! That's CRAZY (EXCITING).

Thanks for sharing this video.

Pricing of the LiDAR module?

Happy holidays,

Dan

P.S. @Home3D ... a stocking stuffer for you?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Houston
No idea on pricing. One of my recurring projects has me doing a MP scan for a virtual progress walk through... they are following me with a Leica unit that they are using for BIM. That tells you right there what they think of MP for AEC/BIM.

There is definitely a market for this in the construction space.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Houston
Well Google says they are $600 to $1600. Which would be a game changer if it showed up on a small drone or a handle.

Most of DJI's high-end cameras are self-contained and have a MicroSD Card for data storage.

https://store.dji.com/category/livox-series
Post 8 IP   flag post
Houston
The Zenmuse L1 is a dual RGB and Lidar unit (similar to thermal) and this will be the equivalent of a Matterport camera. Can't find the pricing. It's all call for quote or make a deposit to reserve.

The Zenmuse XT2 (dual thermal/RGB) is around $10K. FLIR is a different animal though.

Regardless, this is an interesting development.

And in keeping with my other post.... DJI could buy Matterport and not miss the change. I don't know why DJI would want to own them..... but let's just make believe for a second.

DJI buys them as a way to make a beachhead in the real estate market. They've disrupted the UAV market pretty thoroughly.

It gives them a functional platform from which to start offering map processing to put DroneDeploy and MapsMadeCrazy out of business. Further cementing their market dominance, which in China is just fine as long as you sing the song the government tells you to sing.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?