Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3603D ShowcaseScans

Outdoor scanning and Cortex conversion? OR Outdoor 360 views "walkthrough"?13759

DigitalTwin private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All, This is my first post and have a pressing question.

I have a potential client that wants me to scan a mostly outdoor amusement park.

I explained the limitations with Matterport scanning and daylight and also the potential of using 360˚ views, but they want the interactive walk through.

Is this possible using 360˚ views but then converting them to 3D Scans with the Cortex plugin?

I did a test at a playground today. I did a 3D scan in a the shade of a pavilion and then about 20 360's.

In capture, using the 3D conversion I made them into 360's. I uploaded it and upon return it appears that I can move through space like a walkthrough, but if i click on a scan point the next view is clear across the playground.

So there's no linear way to get from point A to point B seemingly.

Should I have placed the 360˚ view scans after capture?

Is there a way to move them after processing?

Thats my challenge right now!

Alternatively, how could i only use 360˚ views to create an outdoor walkthrough? Thank you so much!

Heres the test model: clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Brooklyn, NY
Oboldyrev private msg quote post Address this user
There are several websites that allow you to build custom tours using 360s. You can take panoramas with MP camera (for quality purposes) then build a tour from exported 360's
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
You have a learning curve ahead, but here's your solution - 3DVista.

Here is a 20-acre 981-apartment residential community I virtualized. MarinersVillage360.com - Inside the tour are 5 Matterport models, of sample apartments - the three yellow house icons. All the other (170) panos were shot with the Z1 or my Mavic Air. Check out all the buttons in the left panel including "Aerial Map" which shows you all the various ways you can walk around the community a la 'google street view' style. Jump into the air for views, wander through the 'Village' in the center of the community.

MarinersVillage360.com

My latest 3DVista tour is - OreanaTour.com - for Oreana Winery and Vineyards near Santa Paula in central California. This 360° tour has, contained inside, 12 Matterport models, about 10 videos, 8 aerial panoramas, about 30 ground-level panos and 50+ still photos. Be sure to visit the 100 years old Old Barn and Blacksmith Shop (fully equipped!)

Oh, and don't miss meeting the Winery’s friendly 500 lb mascot “Bacon” under “Wildlife” tab.

This one first launches with a video. If you don't hear the music, give it just one more light click, then let the video play.
Oreana Winery & Vineyards

Bottom line, you can do anything with 3DVista.
Post 3 IP   flag post
DigitalTwin private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful stuff! I aspire to this type of presentation and I will check out 3DVista right now. As a newbie with limited resources I am hoping I can fake it til I make it . Thank for your advice and resources! Happy Holidays as well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D Beautiful work!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Dunetop private msg quote post Address this user
Nice Winery. Love the combo of aerial and 360 views. Nice work.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101641 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?