Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Glide AppMashupsMobileNo Code AppsResearchTosolini Productions

[R&D] A mobile app to list our 3D virtual tour mash-ups13727

Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user

Since 2005, we have done 50+ experiments (mash-ups) combining various 3D virtual tour systems with several other technologies, including VR, AR, touch screens, Unity, etc. To make them easily accessible, I've created a mobile web app using a no-code tool called Glide Apps.

You can launch the app from the QR code above or from this link.

As a fan of no-code, I've been exploring a variety of web authoring tools. My previous online experiments focused on Bubble and Microsoft PowerApps, but they both had a solid learning curve.

This time, my database already existed in the form of a Youtube playlist of mash-up videos. After some research, I settled on Glide as my authoring tool. I found an online script to export my playlist into an Excel file. I cleaned it up and moved it to a Google Sheet. Then imported it in Glide and modified the UI the way I liked.

Granted I spent some time doing Glide tutorials beforehand, building this mobile experience took me less than 4 hours.

What kind of web apps / mash-ups would you be most interested to see in the future?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini

Very cool! Thanks for sharing.

I would to see how the WGAN Community might use this freemium tool.

Perhaps:

1. offering clients an app exclusively of their listings that include 3D/360 tours and map these tours?
2. A dynamic map of listings that an agent is going to visit with a client (after COVID-19)?
3. An app of vendors that an agent recommends to their new homeowners (to stay in front of clients)?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
richardbollands private msg quote post Address this user
@Tosolini amazing work !!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@dansmigrod @richardbollands thanks for the note. I'll keep exploring ideas for no-code apps since I think there is value in them. We just have to identify the right pain points / opportunities.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

Dang you, Paolo!

I could barely sleep last night with ideas racing through my head about how to use this no code app platform for the WGAN Community

I will have to budget play time to go create something to experience the platform.

Thanks again for sharing (even if it caused a sleepless night).

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab: WGAN Curated Shopping App for Matterport Gear and 360 Related Gear

@Tosolini

Thank you for posting about the Glide App.

I used the Glide App to create this WGAN Curated Shopping App for Matterport Gear and 360 Related Gear. [The Buy New Bear button "points" to this page]

I took a minimalist "Look Book" approach. I featured cases for Matterport camera as the first screen that you see.

And - surprise - these are nearly all WGAN affiliate links to buy gear via Amazon (or elsewhere).

I did use the paid version of the Glide to unlock some of the features that I wanted.

Dan

P.S. Pretty cool being able to create a web-app without knowing how to code!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
@dansmigrod Nice job on the Glide app. I like how you managed to create a useful marketplace for the community
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Tosolini

Thank you. And, thank you again for letting us know about this no-code platform.

I've been trying to think of how we might use Glide to help Matterport Service Providers help their real estate agent clients: a template that we could cookie-cutter with their branding.

Creating the app above was the first step in that direction (of understanding how to create an app in the first place).

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Ask Tony Redhead from pano2vr forum. They have an app that lets you to showcase a lot of different types of tours in a customised app and they will work offline. It seems to work with Matterport tours as well. You can do an app with it for Android and/or Apple. That's his page at
https://tonyredhead.com/360appmaker about their 360appmaker.

May be good for your clients to showcase your tours to them or for your clients to offer it to their customers.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?