Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 25 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DroneDroneDeployGearGeoCVHOVERIndustryPix4DScanning

Exterior 3D Scans for Construction13689

DylanWilcox private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone do 3D scans or pictures for the exterior of houses that would help builders measure and quote their leads?

A friend of mine physically walks around the house to measure the gutters on the house. Is there a specific camera and software that would allow him to take multiple pictures of the house and measure it in a software?

Thanks in advance!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Hi

we have used drones and then processed thru Pix4d
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
This could, I would think, be done with a drone using DroneDeploy's photogrammetry software. This is how I created "Outdoor 3D Mode" models for adding to GeoCV 3D (like Matterport) interiors. I would think referencing just one edge measurement via laser or tape measurement, you could extrapolate everything else. One example is here - click the "tree" icon to see the exterior model.

Mouse over this model to pan, tilt, rotate.

Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: HOVER for Homeowners | Video courtesy of HOVER | 1 February 2019

Video: Introducing the New HOVER App | Video courtesy of HOVER | 8 April 2020

@DylanWilcox

Yes. For residential, exterior measurements HOVER is likely the exact, right solution that you seek:

HOVER Secures a $60M Customer-Led Round: Build the Future of Property Data
✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: HOVER

If you figure out how to make money on this, please let us know.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
DylanWilcox private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

I've seen Hover but think it is rather expensive for a contractor and not sure I fully trust the software with only using 8 pictures from an iPhone.

Sure it is good for a one time use if you are a home owner to get a rough idea for costs.

But, I think there is a better way using a drone or Lidar Camera with your own software to quote out multiple leads a day. Which then I think we can make money as a freelancer that goes out and takes pictures for exterior contractors. (gutters, roof, siding, windows, etc.)
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@DylanWilcox

HOVER uses satellite imagery to construct the 3D model of the exterior of a house.

It's likely HOVER is faster, less expensive, easier, better workflow and the exporting features to order materials will likely be amazing.

Your solution likely makes sense for commercial real estate: not residential.

Perhaps you could do HOVER as a Service to contractor?

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
Per @HarryCayman, take a look at Pix4D - specifically its Catch app that runs on the latest iPad Pro (or iPhone 12) and uses its Lidar to scan accurate measurements. the app is free but Pix4D processing is $200/mo. on the Cloud. For drone measurements, you need to set up a reference marker and then process the photos through Pix4D Mapper desktop ($350/mo.) or Cloud (no adjustments available).
DroneDeploy for drone mapping is $150/mo. but is not as accurate as Pix4D unless you get the Premium package for $450/mo. (annual plans are cheaper if paid in one payment up front).
Post 7 IP   flag post
johnwheatley private msg quote post Address this user
You can get roof or property data for an address with Geomni without taking any shots. I believe they use satellite images. I do not know the price or anything else.
Post 8 IP   flag post
101646 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?