Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,054 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
SneakyTransfer SpaceTransfergate

No transfer is allowed anymore from new plans to old classic ones13684

WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Some fo you may already know it but as of today 2nd of December a tour cannot be transferred from new plan account to a classic one.

Post 1 IP   flag post
ahojman private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport must read the tale about the man who "discovered" that his horse can eat everyday less alfalfa.

End of the tale was: "Just today that my horse learned not to eat, he died".
Post 2 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
It's all about the money. Processing for free on a cheap plan and transferring to cheap hosting was a revenue leak. Apparently someone ran the numbers and it was a big revenue leak. So they closed it off. It also suggests that most of their customers are on new plans and they are prepared for whatever foot stomping and attrition will happen.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
It's also worth mentioning that when they rolled out the new pricing it had been calculated to provide a certain amount of ongoing revenue. Any software company needs to monetize it's product to stay in businss. The fantasy land of seed money to burn in a pit just doesn't work and investors tire of it quickly. Matterport has gone through a chunk of cash without producing sizeable profits. If they were producing sizeable profits they wouldn't have gone back for more money earlier this year. So when they rolled out that pricing they were prepared to listen to the screaming and foot stamping. But at the end of the day, that was the future. I don't think they handled the transition correctly, but they also didn't want to be held hostage by their larger MSP's nor did they want to create an opening for competition. Now that the MSS program is alive and well they have most of the juicy enterprise customers.

Regardless of what the prior CEO said, he doesn't work there now. So his promises are worthless for the most part. The current CEO's success will be judged by his ability to grow revenue and margins while managing costs. Business 101.

They've already brought the most lucrative clients (enterprise) in-house. Their are some sharp edges involved for sure, as they learn what clients really want. But overall, that has been successful.

They've also spun up a freemium / farm-program with scan/host a model for free on your iPhone. They have embraced android, again purely from a numbers thing this was a no-brainer.

They are starting to make some progress on features that have been lingering forever, like export/import (aka backup restore) and selective blur.

The only question outstanding is what role to MSP's play in the equation?

You can either differentiate on quality, service, or price. Price is the easy one if you want to work for alot less or for free.

The AI call for models this week suggests that at least one person has thought, "Gee why am I moving this camera around by hand and futzing with a tripod. A mobile base could do this better and more efficiently and I could just sit back and manage the process.... like a drone." Won't be cheap, and won't need as many operators. Operators are often the source of quality issues in the models, but AI can't really think. It can run through a bunch of scenarios and pick one.... will that be enough?

What I would look for next..... (shaking my crystal ball)
- Death of the classic plan
- changes to the MSS program that begin making it more like Uber and less like a dealership network.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101735 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?