Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
COVID19Media ReleaseRetirement HomesSenior Living

Senior Care Authority Says Virtual Tours are Key to Families Seeking Care13678

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

I noticed in this media release today (1 December 2020) ...

Senior Care Authority's Local Franchise Businesses Are Growing as More Families Need Advice in Locating Safe Senior Living and Care Options

... the emphasis on senior living communities offering virtual tours.

"Some of the key questions to which families need answers and advice include ... Am I able to tour a community personally and if not, are there virtual tours available? How do I access such a tour?," says the media release.

While this seems rather obvious to:

1. The entire WGAN Community
2. Anyone seeking eldercare place for seniors
3. to anyone that has heard of COVID-19

The fact that a national leader in senior living placement in assisted living and memory care, this is a big deal.

Are you shooting virtual tours for Senior Care Authority or senior living communities?

I could imagine that if senior living communities are not creating virtual tours of their properties, national franchises like Senior Care Authority will (and use virtual tours as a reason to use their placement services).

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I have 3 facilities that are “on hold” just as an abundance of caution ~ these facilities are owned by one of my builder/developer clients
Post 2 IP   flag post
New Interior
Solutions
Bellevue, Washington
ftosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Paolo and I did two retirement homes (virtual tour and photos) a couple of years ago. It was a little challenging for the presence of the guests on the premises, but we had a lot of fun because they were so nice and friendly. I definitely agree about the value of virtual tours for senior living communities nowadays. Every time you go and visit one of these buildings, it is like going to someone's home. And with Covid, it is better to avoid that.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
I created this last month. With embedded videos

Post 4 IP   flag post
Founder
Nail Soup Media
Sarasota, Florida
GlennTremain private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk this is amazing with the use of rich mattertags. Great job!
Post 5 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
I did a tour of an empty housing unit for a large independent senior living facility in my area. We then virtually staged it (using VS24) and finished it in 3DVista. I was monitored the whole time - they didn't want me to enter any of the occupied living facilities or come into contact with any of their residents - they're on STRICT COVID lockdown (no reported cases among the residents so far). But they later allowed me to shoot a Google Street View Tour of their campus (had to get approvals all the way up the chain for that) - I had to stay outside, no closer than 10' to any resident or staff and wear a mask.
Any activity that requires interior access and possible contact with residents is not going to be acceptable by a responsible senior living facility as they try to control COVID infections. There's a lot of potential interest, though - maybe later in 2021 after everyone is vaccinated.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Belfast, United Kingdom
3dshowcaseuk private msg quote post Address this user
The tour above was shot under strict quidelines. I was tested 2 days before the shoot, temperature on arrival, clean scrubs and mask provided and my clothes bagged up. I was always accompanied by a member of management. I did not shoot any occupied rooms. Started the corridors of the rooms at 7am and had the whole 1st floor including empty rooms scanned by 8.20am before residents were served breakfast. Then moved downstairs and scanned the remainder of the building before any residents came down to the communal areas.
It’s hard to believe that this is a busy residential home and I managed to scan the whole building without a single person coming into shot. Don’t get me wrong I had to restart the camera in several occasions. There were 13 staff on site working at the time.
I also managed to scan the whole thing without touching a single surface or item. Everything that needed moved or opened or closed I asked for the staff member to fix for me.
Post 7 IP   flag post
richardbollands private msg quote post Address this user
@3dshowcaseuk cracking job fella!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101421 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?