Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
LitraLitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting KitPro1Testing

Testing the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit for Matterport Pro113631

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Test #1 | Home-Office | Office Lights On AND LitraTorch 2.0 Kit | Matterport Digital Twin by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Test #2 | Home-Office | Office Lights On | No LitraTorch 2.0 Kit | Matterport Digital Twin by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Test #3 | Home-Office | LitraTorch 2.0 Kit | Lights Off | Matterport Digital Twin by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

Yesterday, I started testing the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit.

The 2 of the 3 Matterport test shoots (above) had the LitraTorch 2.0 on the 1st setting (low light). I feel like I need to do some more testing with the lights on the next two settings (medium light, bright light).

Clearly, even without testing, if you have sub-par or no light, the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit will be a huge win for you. I could imagine that flood/fire damage (no power) shooting insurance claims will be the big win.

What I was hoping to see in my testing was:

1) consistent, predictable light shooting with available light (I likely need the medium or high setting)
2) seeing in the distance (I likely need medium or high rather than low lights setting)

Comments or questions based on the above testing?

Save 20 percent – and free shipping over $50 in USA –  now through 30 November 2020 on:

LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit
Litra 360 Mount Bundle

WGAN Forum Members | Use Litra Coupon Code: [Private Message @DanSmigrod for the Coupon Code or Join the WGAN Forum and automatically receive the Litra Coupon Code]

Best,

Dan

That's to WGAN 3rd Party Service Provider - Tony Healy (@Capture) with Capture, LLC for loaning me a LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit.

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit
Free WGAN-TV Training U Course: How to Add Lighting to Matterport Pro2
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
Just got my kit yesterday- will do an example shortly.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Chemistrydoc

Oh! That would be great. Feel free to start a new discussion with your test results.

Happy Thanksgiving,

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely enough light, it appears good enough for restoration company's where there is no on power for lights.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@ron0987

Yes. Great Matterport Camera lighting solution for restoration when there is no power for lights!

Dan
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Test #4 | Home-Office | LitraTorch 2.0 Kit | Lights Off and Blinds Closed | Three LitraTorch lights set to highest setting | Matterport Digital Twin by We Get Around Atlanta Chief Photographer Dan Smigrod

Hi All,

In test #4 (above), I turned off the lights and closed the blinds. My home-office was DARK.

I set the three (3) LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit lights on their highest setting.

Voila!

I was able to successfully do a Matterport scan of my home-office. That would not have been possible without the lights.

It's likely what this illustrates is that if you do a Matterport scan of a space that has NO LIGHT - such as house with fire or flood damage - you can still do a Matterport scan for insurance adjusting; remediation/renovation.

I could imagine that you will have the benefit of some daylight (versus scanning at night or in a basement where there is no light).

What are your thoughts from test shoot #4?

Happy holidays,

Dan

P.S. If you do a scan with the LitraTorch 2.0 Reality Capture Lighting Kit, feel free to start a new WGAN Forum discussion and share your experience with these lights.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101436 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?