Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ToursInsideMapsiPhone 12LidarVersus

InsideMaps + iPhone 12Pro + Rotator = 3D Tours for Free (Early Access)13584

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user

Illustration courtesy of InsideMaps

Illustration courtesy of InsideMaps

InsideMaps 3D Tour courtesy of InsideMaps. (Shot with an iPhone 11)

InsideMaps + iPhone 12Pro + Rotator = 3D Tours for Free (Early Access)

Hi All,

InsideMaps is the first virtual tour platform for residential real estate to leverage the LiDAR in the Apple iPhone 12 Pro - paired with a rotator - to enable professionally created 3D Tours.

And, the 3D Tours created will be free during the InsideMaps limited promotion window; and then either:

Free (with two restrictions: maximum 20 rooms per tour)
$29 per month with many features a Service Provider would want; including unlimited tours
✓ Plus, InsideMaps offers pay per tour bundles as well: without a monthly subscription

For real estate photographer that has an Apple iPhone 12 Pro smartphone and is considering a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera (currently discounted $400 to $2,995), I could imagine that the pairing of the iPhone 12 Pro with the InsideMaps HERO Getting Started Rotator Kit ($199) will be a super-compelling offer:

✓ save $2,800 in upfront gear (InsideMaps HERO rotator instead of Matterport Pro2 Camera)
✓ save on monthly hosting ($29 per month for unlimited tours hosted for 90 days versus $69 per moth with Matterport for up to 25 active tours.) Or, the option of picking a pay per tour bundle, without a subscription.

While Matterport offers smartphone only Capture, surprisingly it does not offer a smartphone + rotator solution. Plus, while Matterport has indicated that it will leverage the Apple iPhone 12 Pro LiDAR, it has not announced when this service will be offered.

While I expect Matterport to integrate/offer Apple iPhone 12 Pro + a TBD rotator, InsideMaps is clearly leading the race in Apple iPhone 12 Pro LiDAR integration for residential real estate 3D tours. Additionally, InsideMaps has years of experience pairing smartphones with their rotator. And, they have chosen a bold path both of initially free for early adopters during an initial promotional window followed by very aggressive pricing for all of either free with some restriction on model size and the more likely plan for Service Providers, $29 per month that includes unlimited 3D Tours with hosting of 90 days per tour. And, a ton of additional features.

I could imagine that the image quality of the InsideMaps 3D tour will be better than Matterport and likely not have the artifacts associated with Matterport 3D tours of close-up objects (such as stair case banisters/railings).

I anticipate shooting an InsideMaps 3D Tour the week of Thanksgiving with my iPhone 12 Pro. Plus, InsideMaps executives will be my guests on WGAN-TV Live at 5 after the Thanksgiving holiday (date TBD). (Get a text reminder before WGAN-TV is Live!).

According to the InsideMaps refreshed website today. (Wednesday, 18 November 2020):

World Class 3D Tours at No Charge – Yes, you heard that right! The LiDAR capability of the newest iPhones allows InsideMaps to deliver the highest quality 3D Tours. InsideMaps also leverages the capabilities of the latest iPhones to make 3D Tours for FREE! With LiDAR on the new iPhone 12 Pro, you get smoother and more accurate 3D tours than ever before, with improved bird’s eye views and transitions.

Era of Free 3D Tours – World-class 3D Tours and 3D Models no longer require expensive, proprietary depth cameras. The iPhone 12 pro + InsideMaps make 3D Tours FREE and better. Trust in Apple to deliver:
-- Accurate distance mapping using Apple proven algorithms.
-- Easy, real time mapping and measuring.
-- The highest quality depth measurement and camera quality that is designed and backed by the most trusted company in the world: Apple

I already have an Apple iPhone 12 Pro. So, I just needed the HERO Getting Started Kit ($199 with free shipping).

I placed my order for an InsideMaps HERO Getting Started Rotator Kit ($199) - includes a pair of batteries and a charger. (Plus, I ordered an extra pair of batteries ($10) and an extra charger ($5). Plus, I upgraded from the free ground shipping to the 2-day shipping ($15).

(On the InsideMaps pricing page, I clicked on the GET EARLY ACCESS to button to "Sign up for the InsideMaps Free 3D Tour Limited Program" and order a HERO-Rotator."

The InsideMaps refreshed website shows that the company is focused on four (4) verticals:

1. Residential Real Estate
2. Travel and Hospitality
3. Property Management
4. Architectural Visualization

Each vertical highlights InsideMaps appropriate services such as photo-realistically rendered walk-throughs for Architectural Visualization (including BIM Revit/IFC exporting and interactive interior designs.)

InsideMaps is a WGAN Gold Member.

Best,

Dan

Screen Grab of my order confirmation [InsideMaps HERO Getting Started Rotator Kit ($199) - includes a pair of batteries and a charger. (Plus, I ordered an extra pair of batteries ($10) and an extra charger ($5). Plus, I upgraded from the free ground shipping to the 2-day shipping ($15).]
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
As always new technology sounds cool gives everyone more options, but is it compatible with Theta Z1?
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@GETMYVR

Yes. You can use any 360 capture solution with InsideMaps such as the Ricoh Theta Z1.

I will reach out to InsideMaps to help explain the use of the LiDAR depth-data in the description above.

(Heading out the door for a walk with my wife.)

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Free Text Reminder: Text Me 5 Minutes Before Air!

@GETMYVR

A representative of InsideMaps will post to the WGAN Forum ... to help explain the use of the LiDAR depth-data in the description above.

Also, two executives from InsideMaps will be my guest on Thursday, 3 December 2020:

WGAN-TV Live at 5: How to Shoot and Create Free InsideMaps 3D Tours with an iPhone

My guests will be:

1. InsideMaps Vice President of Strategic Partnerships Gabe Knox (@InsideMaps_Gabe)
2. InsideMaps Chief Technology Officer Jörgen Birkler

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
I feel like every new 3D tech will be leaving Ipad Pros out... and that's I guess only because nobody cares to make a rotator for it.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@Wingman

Ha! I can not even imagine rotating an iPad!!!

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Hi All,

My weekend project arrived.

I likely will be taking it for a spin on Sunday!

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Charging it up now so that I can use it this weekend.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
@Wingman

Ha! I can not even imagine rotating an iPad!!!

Dan

If a rotator is decent and can support an Ipad weight why not. However nobody has ever done rotators for tablets. At Least I have never seen any. Plenty for smartphones though and they are quite cheap.Probably most of them are up to 50-60USD
Post 9 IP   flag post
101421 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?