Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BackUpNewsRestoreWish ListZip File

Matterport Plans a Zip File Sharing Solution: Copy Model to Another Device13550

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport ShopTalk #11: Insta360 Compatibility and New Firmware | Wednesday, 11 November 2020

Hi All,

Matterport is working on a "backup" that would enable Matterport Pros to send a zip file of a Matterport model to another device, said Kirk Stromberg, Matterport, Director Product Manager in this (above) Matterport ShopTalk #11 Webinar held on Wednesday, 11 November 2020.

"Yeah. There's only one sneak peek I'll give. ... The next version of Capture 4 or 5 we'll have a little export feature in it. And so the notion there is that you could go in and say, "I'm going to select a specific job and I'm going to export it. And I'm going to zip that up and then be able to get that off the device or share it to somebody else via the app or something like that," say Kirk. "... So again, this is [b]not a completely sophisticated backup and restore feature, but the notion is we want to make it a little bit easier for you. So each of these we're going through, we're trying to improve that situation for you and make it simpler and easier to do your jobs."

Unfortunately, as Kirk points out, this is "not a completely sophisticated backup and restore feature." A Matterport Cloud-based backup is a feature that the WGAN Community has been seeking on the WGAN Wish List for Matterport Workshop for 6+ years.

Your thoughts?

For a transcript of the entire Matterport webinar, please see:

Transcript: Matterport ShopTalk #11 | Insta360 One X/Enterprise; X2 and R

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
Paris
RomainReparage private msg quote post Address this user
we always have to keep a little hope
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow after how many years of asking.
Post 3 IP   flag post
101433 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?