Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseCOVID19MarketingSalesScans

Discontinuing 3D scanning after 4 years13536

Louisville, KY
JohnLoser private msg quote post Address this user
Four years after buying our Matterport MC200 camera and entering the 3D scanning service industry at the prompting of a real estate agent friend, Scene World Imaging is discontinuing out 3D scanning part of the business.

For use, the reasons are simple:
1. The COVID-19 environment makes it difficult for us to scanning because my wife and I are both somewhat compromised.
2. In the past 8 months, we have had three Matterport scanning projects. Our previous customers all decided to limit their imaging to still photos and they not renew their web hosting after the properties were sold.
3. The uncertain future makes it unwise for us to purchase a new Matterport camera.
4. We feel that we can provide references to some of the existing (and very good) Matterport providers in our area if scanning is needed.

I think we rode the crest of the Matterport wave. I believe it's best to get off the surf before we have a "wipeout".

Admittedly, it was a lot of fun. Now, it's time for us to move on to other endeavors.
Post 1 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
I too am seeing the Real Estate market moving further away from 3-D. Basically market is hot right now and agents are trying to spend less and bank more.
However, commercial and rental properties are booming for me. Just closed a deal with a hospital to do 3-D of specialty area's to help recruitment of physicians and other medical personnel.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@JohnLoser

Thanks for sharing. Wish it was better news.

The backstory is likely helpful for those considering entering this space.

Thinking good thoughts for you moving forward.

Best,

Dan

P.S. My wife and I are still sheltering in place. We continue to refer Matterport opportunities to others in the greater Atlanta area.
Post 3 IP   flag post
andreabortolot private msg quote post Address this user
Very sad to hear that! I wish to you and your wife all the best.
Andrea
Post 4 IP   flag post
101425 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?