Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceCapture AppPro2ProblemsScanning

Anyone know if Matterport can correct this?13533

Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure why this occurred. Is this something on their end or do I have to rescan this spot?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Narvan891 private msg quote post Address this user
If it's in the actual scan - no - check your scan point(s). I had it happen a few weeks ago on a curved island counter top - didn't catch it in the initial scans so had to go back and re-scan several spots - one would just not go away but I finally found an angle where all lines were straight. I do mention if asked that its not perfect technology and there will be visual defects here and there in stitching...that eroded edge look though seems like a newer type of error appearing these days.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
Seen that in my tours MANY times - not new, unfortunately, it's very embarrassing and obviously an error that occurs at MP.
Post 3 IP   flag post
imagine3d private msg quote post Address this user
This happens quite frequently to me. Very annoying. This happens on railings too, where it looks like bite marks. I've contacted MP about this and they can't do anything about it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Narvan891 Thank you.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@imagine3d Thank you. I've reached out to Matterport and received the equivalent of an "Oh well"
Post 6 IP   flag post
@GETMYVR Thank you. This particular client is, well, particular. Not looking forward to the discussion.
Post 7 IP   flag post
castaway private msg quote post Address this user
I know it's a tricky spot with the cabinets to either side, but if you can find a way to (with the tripod all the way all the way collapsed) scan from the countertop to either side, and at least closeby scans to either side and to the center, maybe adding a high, high scan from not too far away? If you can add scans to fill in the mesh in that sink (recommend always doing that as best practices)as much as possible, ideally getting the inside face of the sink that's least likely to get scanned, but as close to that as you can?, it might fix it up on re-upload. Best of luck in all cases!
Post 8 IP   flag post
imagine3d private msg quote post Address this user
That suggestion is possible but no guarantee and a lot of extra work especially if plus if you have a 4000-6000 sq ft home to scan. You will have to preview each scan to make sure the scans are not giving this issue. It'll take forever to finish the home.

In my point of view, this issue is the responsibility of MP to fix. For an expensive camera such as the Matterport Pro, we should not have to deal with issues like this. Professionally we are expected to provide excellent work to our customers and not have to worry about the outcome of taking a scan. Too recurring issues such as this can affect the trust level of our customers to do a good job and they will look elsewhere.
Post 9 IP   flag post
101641 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?