Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 732 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,766 Page Views | 19,092 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360H360 Z1 stitcher for AndroidHow ToMetareal StageNewbiesPTGuiReal EstateRicoh Theta Z1

Please help! Issue with Theta Z1 & Metareal13491

charlied95 private msg quote post Address this user
Hi,

We're using a Theta Z1 for real estate virtual tours. We'd like to use it alongside Metareal so we can produce good quality tours and 3d models of properties.

We've tried lots of different things, and are having issues.

We're currently using the Dual-Fisheye Plugin and stitching the photos in the Theta Desktop Stitcher. Some walls are slightly curved and walls not at right angles, which is making our plan drawing on Metereal really tricky.

The compass on the Theta Z1 nearly always flags up as a warning, would this be causing the issues?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Post 1 IP   flag post
stevienet private msg quote post Address this user
I recently used a Theta V with Metareal for a tour. I found it a extremely difficult process and very time consuming coming across the same issue of walls out of alignment. Some images I took had to be scrapped simply because I couldn't get them to match no matter how hard I tried.

Sorry, can't offer any advice for you but you are not alone. I've had to eliminate Metareal as a solution for virtual tours due to the issues I found and the time it took to create a tour.

Cheers
Post 2 IP   flag post
Metareal
Co-Founder
Montreal CAN
gareth private msg quote post Address this user
Hello!

We have lots of users working with Z1s without problems, it's a great camera.

You shouldn't have problems with the Z1 provided that you are using a decent stitcher. Unfortunately, the stitchers provided with 360 cameras generally aren't the most precise, and due to manufacturing differences between individual cameras and lack of good calibration options, they usually operate on a "most of the time it's OK" approach, which can lead to warped panoramas, and that means they won't fit together properly during 3D reconstruction in Metareal Stage.

Better stitching options include H360 Z1 stitcher for Android (which has a good calibration feature) or something like PTGui, which also offers very sophisticated lens and stitching calibration.

Cheers,
Post 3 IP   flag post
101749 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?