Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AutosCarInsta360 One XInsta360 One X2Ricoh Theta Z1

Which would you choose? -Theta V, Z1 or OneX or OneX2 for Car Interior 36013426

Standard
Sarasota, Florida
BlueImmersiveMedia private msg quote post Address this user
So, I've read through the 360 Car Interiors and dealership forum posts. There is some great work out there to review. Mostly Z1 and little OneX camera choices. We have the OneX and Theta V.

We have over 100 car interiors to shoot for an upcoming project. Im looking for a reason to play with(purchase) the Z1. However, OneX2 just come out.

Which camera would you choose for 360 Cars interiors and why?

PS: love the OneX2 has Four mic ‘ambisonic’ audio recording system. Not for this project, but other video projects for sure!

ONEX2 Announcement
Insta360 Website - OneX2
Post 1 IP   flag post
Lambda_Photography private msg quote post Address this user
I am also interested to know this
I did an interior for fun, and what i can see is that, with the UV filter on the windows, there is a blue hue. Also, the glare from the sun is difficult to control outdoors
Of course I can change this in Lightroom, but it's something to be aware of
Also camera placement -- I am going to play around with this, but from this Kuula tour, it seems that I have the rear of the car looking better than the front

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7PHsN?fs=1&vr=1&sd=1&initload=0&thumbs=1&info=0&logo=0
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Why not get a PilotOne? It may be slightly bigger in size than a Z1 but is much better in resolution and location data.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I was shooting a condo for a guy with a company that shoots cars and he was telling me a story about getting a bunch of Samsung gear 360's for his guys to shoot with. Claims the resolution works well for sun glare and cheap enough to replace if broken at about $150. Says his picture quality gets shrunk anyway. Given the rates paid for car shoots and chasing volume. Not sure what else I can plug as good or bad about it. https://www.samsung.com/global/galaxy/gear-360/.
Post 4 IP   flag post
GWatsonImages private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one I just did last week of a $1.5 million Porsche 918 Spyder. Shot it in the shop real quick and then when I left I stopped by the Speedway and grabbed a quick 360 shot to composite in. This was just a quick test shoot and edit and when we shoot more of these, I'll spend more time dialing in the exposure and white balance of both shots for a higher quality result on par with my standard virtual tours, but overall happy with how this one came out. Shot in normal HDR JPG mode and edited as a RAW file in Camera Raw and Photoshop CS6. Porsche 918 Spyder
Post 5 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
@GWatsonImages -Thank you. What camera did you use?
Post 6 IP   flag post
GWatsonImages private msg quote post Address this user
Z1
Post 7 IP   flag post
Standard
Sarasota, Florida
@GWatsonImages Thanks!
Post 8 IP   flag post
101428 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?