Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BackstoryCareers

What did you do before you were a real estate photographer?13421

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

This question is inspired by this WGAN Forum post by @PickChuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by @PickChuck
@DanSmigrod Now you know why I am crazy. LOL

After receiving a B.S. in still photography I went into the Navy to be a combat photographer and after I guessed too many correct answers on my entrance test they said I would be flying for them and could take photos after that. It was a take it or leave it offer.

I flew, then got accepted to Surface Warfare school and became a ship driver. At the end of my time I finally got into the photo field as a Public Affairs Officer in charge of the photo mates. It was a good run for sure.

Chuck

--

What did you do before you were a real estate photographer?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
360designit private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Guys

I was a Scuba Diving Instructor with a passion for underwater photography. I still dive and take photos underwater but now I also make 360 virtual tours for estate agents and other business's.

Yvonne
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Buffalo, New York
GETMYVR private msg quote post Address this user
My background is like the world map, I've been all over the place and never settled in one spot for too long. Right now I'm in Costa Rica getting some dental work, heading home the end of the week.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Shawn_P private msg quote post Address this user
Graphic Designer for 20 years.
Post 4 IP   flag post
New Interior
Solutions
Bellevue, Washington
ftosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Home stager
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Bon Secour, Alabama
Chemistrydoc private msg quote post Address this user
I was an industrial chemist for 15 + years, then owned a small specialty contracting firm for about 14 years.

Keith
Post 6 IP   flag post
TakedaSan private msg quote post Address this user
Web Developer and Digital Marketing since 1996.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Chicago
rzphotoman private msg quote post Address this user
Professional photographer for 35 years.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Lambda_Photography private msg quote post Address this user
Electrical Engineer, turned Wedding/Portrait Photographer last year
Covid killed that, so changed to Real Estate
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Bankrupt guy sitting on a domain name with some decent keywords in it. Dreaming that one day it could be worth something.

It's cool to see many of us have spent some time around cameras and/or the industries we service today. Whereas many other groups share transient traffic of get rich quick amateur's with zero skin in the game asking for the rest of us to give up everything we went through so they can propel quicker for free.
Post 10 IP   flag post
WALES private msg quote post Address this user
Last 15 years - some form of IT ranging from IT Director to governmental IT consulting entrepreneur (sold that firm). Now I have 2nd governmental IT firm, took my passion for photography to next level by becoming a freelance photographer and just started R.E. photography in last 4 months.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Contractor.
Restaurant manager
Sous chef
Restaurant owner
Car salesman
Car sales manager
Realtor/brokerage owner
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Lisbon, Portugal and London
Pedrotex69 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been a TV transmission Controller for the last 25 Years and been doing the Olympic Games Transmission for the last 8 Years and the European Games Transmission for the last 6 Years.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
It's incredible, the impressive range and previous professional accomplishments of these WGAN members. But I guess it's to be expected that experts in a field which didn't exist five years ago must have done something else previously.

My own misguided youth is laid out on my LinkedIn page including an assortment of videos from nearly every step along the way. What it doesn't show is that I was first a high school film & video teacher for three years. The rest is all exposed, directing TV commercials (McDonalds, Bridgestone, Lego), directing music videos for REO Speedwagon (and starring in one, forgive me for that), animating on Pee-Wee's Playhouse, way back to a personal music video The Trip starring my brother in 1975 (7 years before MTV) and an indie film short my wife and I made. The poster frame for that shows Marion and I standing at the back of a long cafeteria line, her only scene. The rest of the film she's running the camera. We won a top award at the Chicago Intn'l Film Fest 40 years ago. Yikes, where does the time go?

Kevin Dole on LinkedIn
Be sure to click on "Show 4 more experiences" to reveal the rest

Kevin & Marion shivering in a Chicago winter

Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
About 7 years on a russian stock market as a broker/trader,
then about 8 years in IT as a web developer and
about 10 years of running my first laser cutting business.
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Bankrupt guy sitting on a domain name with some decent keywords in it. Dreaming that one day it could be worth something.

I am sitting on matterport.services and streetview.services I do not expect much from them and I use them to direct my new clients to a specific section on my website.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101429 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?