Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360DroneKickstarterScanningVideo

Door Vista Robotics 360 Video Drone - Launches Kickstarter13406

WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
These guys called me up a couple months ago and gave me big sales push to commit to get their product. It sounded like a great idea with the sales script. Here's their latest email to me.

"I wanted to share the exciting news regarding our Kickstarter campaign with you! We reached our 40 day backing goal of $25k in under 3 hours (!!!), and have since raised over $76k through 78 backers, with 37 days remaining in our campaign. Please feel welcome to check out the launch page, and let me know what you think."

I think now is not the time to go with a 360 video route. I was hoping to see more about 360 photos and the software end of the product. After seeing the stitch lines in the videos on Kickstarter. I'll pursue other avenues for my next drone and other 360 software.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
Saw this on Facebook a couple days ago. I really like the idea of the invisible drone. But, I have been burnt on too many Kickstarter products. And I’d really like to see some real world 360 footage and what the actual work flow is.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV

Thanks for sharing.

Looks like it is getting easier and easier to shoot 360 drone video.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Easy until the wind blades kick up dust into your video. Or blows a knick knack off the shelf and you gotta file a claim with your insurance company. Those are my first fears.

Great to hear there's no lock and the software claims to know if it's indoors to fly in No Fly zones. There's a great sales pitch about what the software does. But nothing to reference for the software is disappointing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
This bird has to be over the 250g weight limit to eventually you’ll have geo fences & flight restrictions as the FAA and other governing bodies will enforce these restrictions as they are selling this airspace to drone delivery providers
Post 5 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
Not really - only DJI enforces geo fences which, most of the time, don't bear a relationship to FAA restricted flight zones. It's up to the pilot to know when to request LAANC or other authorization or stay away (check Visualize It - FAA interactive UAS Data: clickable text.

In my area, I can get LAANC authorization to fly up to 400' in certain areas within the 5-mile radius of the airport but DJI won't let me go above 200' in those areas(even with an unlock code).

My Parrot Anafi, however, could care less where it flies - no geo fencing whatsoever. There are areas in my region that DJI locks up even though there are no active FAA restrictions. So I use the Parrot instead of going through the hassle of getting an unlock code from DJI. But I always check the Visualize It map first (particularly these days when they put TFRs up at a moment's notice because the President or VP is flying in for a rally).

BTW - the Parrot can also do a 360 panorama which includes the zenith (sky above) and nadir (straight down) because the gimbal can tilt the camera 90 degrees up or down - no need to use Photoshop to paste in a sky. The Parrot software on IOS can stitch the 360 right on the device (iPhone or iPad) for export to Lightroom (along with all the unstitched photos if you want to run them separately through PTGUI). Unfortunately, it only generates JPEGs in panorama mode.
Post 6 IP   flag post
RealtyMediaMx private msg quote post Address this user
@EaglePrecision How does the 360 photos on the Anafi result? Does it have good result? tia
Post 7 IP   flag post
Kumar private msg quote post Address this user
@VTLV skydio x2 is much promising one.
Post 8 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
I would say not professional level. I have to do quite a bit of post-processing with Lightroom & Topaz Sharpen to to get them almost acceptable. Also, I had to do quite a bit of trial & error to get the right capture settings for best exposure - otherwise, the resulting image wasn't even worth processing.
So I only use it when I have to for RGB photos (i.e., when DJI geo-fencing restricts me on DJI drones). It's actually an ANAFI Thermal which has a FLIR infrared thermal camera on it - I was hoping to get some thermal inspections work but that that hasn't panned out (yet).
As for the Skydio, I'm not much of a fan of automated flight, which is the #1 feature being advertised - I look at the specs of the camera(s) instead and DJI is still the leader for cameras at both the consumer level and the enterprise/professional level for image quality (although the EVO II 6GB camera is very close in specs to the Mavic 2 Pro and can be swapped).
Post 9 IP   flag post
101436 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?