Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BackupiMazingRestore

Backup and "restore" with iMazing (or others) seems to have stopped working13402

Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
I heard a rumor that Matterport broke the ability to move models on and off devices. I tested it this morning and sure enough it no longer works.

It used to be that the app would re-link to any job that was in the jobs folder. This has stopped working. No idea if it was intentional or not because MP doesn't tell us anything about when/if/what updates are.

You can still move jobs off the devices (which I personally do and recommend).

Would really be nice if MP would offer a tool to do this. I don't even care if they encrypt the file as long as I can move it off and back onto any iOS device I own. There are reasons to do this, but chief among them is that it's just stupid to keep important data on a tablet and rely on Apple's backup and crappy restore method.

If anyone has something to contribute on making this work I'd be interested in hearing it.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I was just able to move a space back onto my Previous iPad Pro running iOS 14.0.1 ~ iMazing 2.12.6 (14370) ~ Capture 4.0.4 (an update this morning)

I successfully moved this "Todd" space on to the iPad

Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I sub-folder my spaces to quickly identify them should I need to transfer them back to an iPad
Post 3 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
I do the same thing. I tried moving one back and MP wouldn't see it. I haven't done iMazing's update yet.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@briangreul I ran the update when I launched iMazing and it worked as it should ~ Move space quit & relaunch capture and the space is there Capture does its scan to make sure scan positions are there
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
I missed the scan I transferred when I was first looking as it used the date stamp so, it was in the middle of all my other models on this particular iPad
Post 6 IP   flag post
101631 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?