Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 406 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 32,418 Page Views | 18,255 Unique Visitors | 24 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Matterport Capture Services ProgramPricing

Charts: How much Matterport Capture Services Program Pays Photographers13385

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

Here are two charts showing what Matterport Capture Services Program pays Matterport Service Providers with a Matterport Pro2 Camera.

Screen Grab 1 | Matterport Payment Table for Matterport Service Providers for Residential Scans

Screen Grab 2 | Matterport Payment Table for Matterport Service Providers Commercial Scans

Your thoughts?

Dan

WGAN Forum Related Discussions

✓ WGAN Forum discussions tagged: Matterport Capture Services Program
Transcript: WGAN-TV: MSPs' Class Action Lawsuits Against Matterport, Inc.
Transcript: Matterport Capture Services Webinar | Thursday, 16 April 2020

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
CrazeVR private msg quote post Address this user
What’s matterports cut? How can anyone do it at $120? we charge $300 for starting prices and we don’t get any complaints. Something seems off
Post 2 IP   flag post
JoeyL private msg quote post Address this user
Has this been rolled out in the UK or Ireland?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Virtual_Homey private msg quote post Address this user
Matterport has given me a number of jobs. They tend to book large scale commercial property, or property that has multiple scans. It's worth it even though when you read these numbers it seems like a rip off. It goes to their account and you don't need to do any of the administrative work. Just show up and scan. And have insurance. And be flexible. And know that it's sometimes 0.04/sq ft... It's still worth it. I can't get the clients they can.
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod

Unless Matterport changed their verbiage ~ the Capture Services photographer's also can NOT sell other services to the end client such as traditional stills, aerial, or video services. Upon reading the contract I politely declined their offer
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Virtual_Homey

While Matterport had a brokerage in this Capture Services program in my area the #'s didn't pencil and millage wasn't in consideration so, the bottom line #'s didn't pencil for me
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
@DanSmigrod

Unless Matterport changed their verbiage ~ the Capture Services photographer's also can NOT sell other services to the end client such as traditional stills, aerial, or video services. Upon reading the contract I politely declined their offer

Matterport could win a lot of friends if they allowed Matterport Service Providers to offer Add Ons (that they keep 100 percent of). It's likely that the client would be happier too!

Dan
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @JoeyL

I would be guessing, but I believe since Matterport has a UK office that the UK and Ireland are very-likely ....

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@DanSmigrod

They were testing this in the US first to see how adoption worked
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @CrazeVR
What’s matterports cut? How can anyone do it at $120? we charge $300 for starting prices and we don’t get any complaints. Something seems off

I would imagine that Matterport charges two or three times what it pays Matterport Service Providers.

If they pay $120; they could still charge the client $295 and be $5 less than you.

Yes. Buy a Matterport Pro2 Camera from Matterport and then have them compete with you.

I could imagine that's why there are at least two Class Action Lawsuits agains Matterport:

Transcript: WGAN-TV: MSPs' Class Action Lawsuits Against Matterport, Inc.

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
This was from March 29, 2020 so, pricing could have changed.

Post 11 IP   flag post
MeshImages private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by @JoeyL

I would be guessing, but I believe since Matterport has a UK office that the UK and Ireland are very-likely ....

Dan

I guess Matterport could be facing more heavy legal problems (competition, copyright and labour) with international rollout. Such problems can blow out the company.
Post 12 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Time to revisit this topic?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Just as an aside: we have had to wait over 6 weeks for payment on our last capture services scans. Not cool.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Expertise sorry to hear that. I didn’t like the verbiage in the contract it wasn’t in my favor in any manner.

I declined the offer. They had reached out to me because they had just signed a big deal in my backyard that they needed to service
Post 15 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Been getting jobs from Matterport for a long time - it's about volume - the ability for me to keep a few people busy. Just like most any company that is subbing a job out in any other market - they won't be paying much.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101706 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?