Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceMirrorsNewbiesTips

Hiding the camera in the Bathroom Mirror1334

lisahinson private msg quote post Address this user
Just curious if a few of you (that I consider) experts would comment on whether your best practice is to try and hide the camera when shooting a bathroom or just go for the selfie. Thank you, Lisa
Post 1 IP   flag post
LuisBrilanti private msg quote post Address this user
You can lower your tripod lower than the mirror.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Yes, LuisBrilanti I have done that as well
Post 3 IP   flag post
DigitalImageries private msg quote post Address this user
If you lower the camera does it still line up with the other scans?
Post 4 IP   flag post
vincent private msg quote post Address this user
Keep one large and one small fake plants and a basket in your car.
place this in between the mirror and the instrument if it won't look out of place this way you won't have to lower the instrument as much.
A stack of towels works too
Post 5 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
CathieRasch private msg quote post Address this user
These are great ideas, thanks for sharing. As a real estate agent I try to have everything perfect for display of the property but I'd rather have a good scan than worry about seeing the camera in the mirror so my advice is don't make yourself crazy. Maybe some of those people that see the camera in the mirror will say 'what is that, I'd better talk to her about selling my house!'
Post 6 IP   flag post
I've lowered the camera but wasn't so crazy about the way it looked (it aligned for me); used fake plants; used a painting once. LOVE the idea of a stack of towels!

Thanks again everybody!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Max_Sodomovskiy private msg quote post Address this user
Hello! Last time I went not in a straight line. The mirror in the bathroom was not widespread. But it was opposite the entrance to the bathroom. So I went to the bathroom is not in front of a mirror, and a little diagonally. I came out of the bath, I also diagonally. True the camera once I put the camera in front of a mirror. Then a sort of inactivated way the camera is not reflected in the mirror. Take a look at the screenshot. https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=iRnDkL5GqDc
Post 8 IP   flag post
nice!
Post 9 IP   flag post
fburch private msg quote post Address this user
Max, great idea!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Noel private msg quote post Address this user
@Max_Sodomovskiy also an interesting effect with the LED lights in the ceiling of the Kitchen and Living room, when viewed via dollshouse and floorplan. Great idea for the bathroom mirror.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Max_Sodomovskiy private msg quote post Address this user
Hi! The 2nd way to hide the camera is to put something between the mirror and camera. Use all three ways to pass the mirror!

Post 12 IP   flag post
JCHAFE private msg quote post Address this user
I don't see a big issue with the reflection in the mirror. Buyers want to see the space, they know a camera has to be used, They don't care if they can see it? Its not a career ending magic trick that we are trying to conceal.
Post 13 IP   flag post
That was the upshot of my question - is there a best practice on whether or not to hide the mirror. I agree.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Mikesobay private msg quote post Address this user
I don't move items or add items to the decor of any room without consulting the agent. Most are particular and want the house to look a certain way and seem more concerned with that than they are seeing a camera.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thanks again, everyone!
Post 16 IP   flag post
101635 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?