Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 30 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
PricingScans

How much Matterport actually charge for a tour?13330

toscobr private msg quote post Address this user
hi! its my first post here but im learning from WGAN at least by 3 months. Its a great comnunity.

i have one question that i tried to search here, on the web and in matterport website. dont find the answer.

how much does matterport charge for a tour? is it paid by square ft? by number of panos, scans? im not refering about the subscribe plan and the monthly fees. im registered on the actually plan, not the classic i've heard about.

thanks for the help. regards from brazil
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
Think of the Matterport business model the strives for a recurring billing cycle to clients. Matterport sells blocks of space on their servers (blocks also known as Models/Spaces/Tours/ect). The clients get a free processing of their software that has to be used to process each block you rent.

How much does a tour cost fluctuates between plans and # of blocks of space rented? Take a look at the Business plan billed at $309/month USD for 100 spaces. Sounds like some easy math to see each block would cost you $3.09/block/month.

The reality of the costs do not factor in cost of the blocks of space that are not currently being used. Lets say you graduated out of the Professional plan of 25 blocks with 40 currently active spaces on the Professional plan for up to 100 blocks of space. Many would think the cost per model should be $3.09 per model totaling $123.06/ month. This leaves $185.40 in loss for the month on your monthly Matterport bill.

A more sustainable source of income needs to absorb that 60 block loss of space each month until the all 100 spaces are used to have the true cost be $3.09. In this case, 40 blocks cost you $7.73/ month to host. Next month you get to 45 and the monthly cost to $6.87/mo.

The answer varies and has a lot of grey room that depends heavily on current billing plan and what is currently being used and what is not. How much you bill the client and wish to keep as income makes it difficult to trim any excess fat.

*Sorry if I didn't stay consistent with the references to "blocks" also known as Models/Spaces/Tours/ect. This happens a ton with Matterport being scatterbrained for years not using one particular term for their models. You'll see this with 360 getting referenced as 3D as well*
Post 2 IP   flag post
toscobr private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTLV
Think of the Matterport business model the strives for a recurring billing cycle to clients. Matterport sells blocks of space on their servers (blocks also known as Models/Spaces/Tours/ect). The clients get a free processing of their software that has to be used to process each block you rent.

How much does a tour cost fluctuates between plans and # of blocks of space rented? Take a look at the Business plan billed at $309/month USD for 100 spaces. Sounds like some easy math to see each block would cost you $3.09/block/month.

The reality of the costs do not factor in cost of the blocks of space that are not currently being used. Lets say you graduated out of the Professional plan of 25 blocks with 40 currently active spaces on the Professional plan for up to 100 blocks of space. Many would think the cost per model should be $3.09 per model totaling $123.06/ month. This leaves $185.40 in loss for the month on your monthly Matterport bill.

A more sustainable source of income needs to absorb that 60 block loss of space each month until the all 100 spaces are used to have the true cost be $3.09. In this case, 40 blocks cost you $7.73/ month to host. Next month you get to 45 and the monthly cost to $6.87/mo.

The answer varies and has a lot of grey room that depends heavily on current billing plan and what is currently being used and what is not. How much you bill the client and wish to keep as income makes it difficult to trim any excess fat.

*Sorry if I didn't stay consistent with the references to "blocks" also known as Models/Spaces/Tours/ect. This happens a ton with Matterport being scatterbrained for years not using one particular term for their models. You'll see this with 360 getting referenced as 3D as well*

thx for the reply VLTV. really appreciated. think i got your thoughts

its 1 tour - 1 block right? do i have a maximum number of scans per tour? and its free and no additional money to create the tour and the 3d dollhouse? only my expense is the monthly subscription fee?

sry if its repetitive, im doing my business plan right now, and its so confusing on matterport site.

im looking to asteroom too, and there we have a subscription fee (cheaper than MP) but i have to pay for the dollhouse for an example. i figured out asteroom was much cheaper than MP, but by this math is even close...

regards
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
In todays billing subscriptions. You are correct saying 1 tour - 1 block. With no maximum # of scan points with a strong suggestion you do not go over 200 scan points on a single tour.

The 3D dollhouse will process when you upload your completed tour with no extra work or money due on your end.

Optional add on services are available such as getting a Black and White Floor Plan or Matterpack typically used in construction services for AutoCad drawings for Architects.

Once the tour is complete you have some other features to use at no cost. Take 2D & 360 snapshots throughout the tour and download at no cost. Add Mattertags to display info about a spot in the tour at no additional cost. Hide scan spots you don't want people to use. Highlight the areas you want people to see.

Classic Billing Plans are no longer available for purchase on Matterports site. You can take one over from a pervious Matterport subscriber. I doubt they will want face value and there's no guarantee when classic pricing will halt altogether. A position I would not recommend basing my business plan on. I haven't made any time to look over Asteroom other than noticing the load time is significantly faster than last year.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101635 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?