Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Blur ToolCupixMatterport WorkshopVideo

Video: Matterport to Add (Much Improved) Blur Tool to Matterport Workshop13324

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: Matterport's Brand New Blur Brush Tool | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 15 October 2020

Video: Matterport to Add (Much Improved) Blur Tool to Matterport Workshop

Hi All,

Quote:
Originally Posted by @lilnitsch
Sounds like with the new blurring tool that Matterport is toying with the idea of not allowing this feature in all accounts which is pretty disappointing ~ Not sure if it will be limited to Pro cameras omitting 360 camera or if they plan on using this to try and get rid of the classic plan holders

@lilnitsch

Thank you for being first to post to the WGAN Forum about the new Matterport Blur Tool feature in this WGAN Forum discussion:

Video: New Matterport Features & Updates & Part 2 of Customizing your Model

Hi All,

From the Matterport YouTube Channel:

Matterport's Cheif Architect, Håkon Erichsen, tells us about a very exciting new tool to be introduced into Workshop in the coming months. The Blur Tool will allow you to walk through your 3D model and blur anything you want.

@lilnitsch

Have to think that the Matterport (coming soon) Blur Tool will be available to all in Matterport Workshop.

I simply can NOT imagine Matterport limiting this feature as a way to encourage upgrading to Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.

Dan

P.S. The Blur Tool feature is something that Cupix has offered for two years:

Matterport Face Blurring (Beta) versus CUPIX Blurring: Which do you prefer? (two years ago!)

Asteroom also offers a blur tool in the equivalent of Matterport Workshop. Easy-peasy!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Hi All,

Here is the transcript for the video (above):

Today I want to give you a preview of a new tool coming to a workshop called the Blur Brush. The Blur Brush lets you blur out anything you don't want your visitors to see in the space. It could be something like family photos or people that somehow got in the shop, or maybe house numbers, or car license plates or something like security systems. Basically anything you want to hide from your visitors.

So how does it work? Let's go ahead and click the blur icon and add a new blur. The cursor turns into a brush, and you get this little slider here that you can use to control the size. Let's keep it fairly small for now. Then just click on things you want to blur like these photos here. The more you brush back and forth in the image, the more it blurs. When you're done, just hit the check mark. All right, that'll do it. At this point, you can click around and select the blurs. I kind of blurred one of the photos a bit too much so I think I'll just redo this one. That looks great.

Now, I just need to do the other angles. Let's see this photo as well. So let's do this one real quick. Let's go a little bit smaller to size here since I zoomed in. All right, and then one last angle that also sees these photos. All right, I think that looks good. The blurs also appear in the drawer on the right here. So you can click through them and make sure that they all look good.

Then all that is left is the last critical step, applying the blurs. This takes a couple of minutes as the servers have to make sure all the proper files get blurred. You'll see it says processing on each blur while this is going on. And that's it. Once the blur is finished processing in a few minutes, you can safely share the space with anyone. And that's how you use the Blur Brush.

---

Want more Matterport Training?

WGAN-TV Training U in Matterport

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Video: Matterport ShopTalk #9 | New Features and Updates & Part 2 of Customizing your Model | Video courtesy of Matterport YouTube Channel | 14 October 2020

@lilnitsch

Technically, sounds like new Matterport blur feature in Workshop ("coming soon" can be implemented in all Matterport spaces: regardless of how or when they were created.

"All right, and I'll take one about blur. A couple of people have been asking whether blurs can be applied to old models. And yes, when the Blur Brush tool is available, you can use it on even your oldest models. It'll work for basically any model you have, any space," says Matterport Chief Software Architect Haakon Erichsen at 39:56 in the Matterport ShopTalk video above.

"I can take another one. Blur Brush. So can the new Blur Brush tool be used on 360 Views as well? And the answer is yes. It will work for 360 Views outside views, anything like that as well because you're doing the blur per scan. So you have to do them for all the scans that see a thing, and that makes it also work for 360 Views," says Matterport Chief Software Architect Haakon Erichsen at 41:14 in the Matterport ShopTalk video above.

For clarification, it would be silly of Matterport not to offer this feature to all Matterport content creator. Restricting it to drive upgrades to Pro2 or higher tier cloud account will just create unhappy customers and more work for Matterport Support to explain this.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
101641 3 3
This topic is archived. Start new topic?