Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseAdviceProblemsScanning

Suggestions to fix this please...1321

WGAN Basic
Denver
pixelray private msg quote post Address this user
Hey guys, I have a black wall showing up in this tour and don't know why. I thought it was a trimming issue and went back and adjusted the wall thinking I trimmed it too much. That didn't help. Please look at floor 3 - dollhouse view - big black hole in wall. Anyone else seen this or know how to fix?

Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
all looks good here.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Harlan - you spun dollhouse all way around? you don't see the 3rd level, master bedroom (to the right) with a big black space in wall from floor to ceiling? in between the fireplace and dresser?
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
i only see it in dollhouse view - when it zooms in, and i walk around, it's fine
Post 4 IP   flag post
JRMaddox private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah I see it now in Dollhouse as well.
Almost seems like if it was to bright but that doesnt seem like it would have been the issue in this case.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Nope, wasn't too bright for sure, but your'e right...looks like it
Post 6 IP   flag post
Zephyr Cove, NV
Maria private msg quote post Address this user
Did you mark the mirror above the dresser? It looks like the pointcloud scan may have went outside the boundaries of the room.
Post 7 IP   flag post
oops. yes, did you mark the mirror on the chifforobe door?
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Maria/Harlan - Yes, I marked the 2 mirrors in that room. The one on the chiffonier door closest to the black space and the other one to the left of the black space on the other dresser.
Post 9 IP   flag post
JRMaddox private msg quote post Address this user
What do you think if you upload it again?
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Well, I did that too JR. Maybe move the mirrors a bit and try again? ? Nothing to lose i guess. But everything looks like it's marked correctly...at a losss
Post 11 IP   flag post
alx3D private msg quote post Address this user
So my initial guess would be trim lines as well. Did you move back the lines on check on all 3 floors?

Kind of a long shot. If it was cold and this house it built right up against the house next to it then perhaps the neighbor's fireplace runs up that line and the ambient heat interfered with the IR like bright lights or heat lights would.
Post 12 IP   flag post
that's it, of course! the neighbor, and climate change.
Post 13 IP   flag post
The TV and glass fireplace screen could also be working as mirrors.
Post 14 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
Well, alx, this is a townhome and there is another unit next to it...could be. The lower floor trim lines look good, but I will try moving them back too. Harlan, you could be on to something...I will try marking the tv and fireplace as mirrors too and see what happens...but if it's climate change, I will call Al Gore since he has all those answers
Post 15 IP   flag post
Al is a big Matterport fan.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
@pixelray This is a long shot, but maybe the angled walls have something to do with it? The way the walls meet the roof in that room is quite a unique design. Perhaps the camera couldn't pick up on those angles and requires a few more scan points? That's just a guess...
Post 17 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
I'm guessing you may have a good point. I have tried everything now and the only thing left would be to go back and do a few more scans.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Cabrahams private msg quote post Address this user
This was part of an email conversation I had w Glenn in support last week regarding black markings:

"general speaking when marking a window or door it's best to make the marking about a foot wider (to the left and right) than the actual area being marked, as long as the left/right extensions don't extend into a doorway or passage - because the markings make an invisible wall that could block movement.

The main things with the black are:

1. make the window and mirror markings wider (not sticking out into doorways or where someone would need to move though)

2. keep the trim lines a little further back behind the window and mirror markings, please.
Post 19 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I had this issue on a high rise balcony last week. I could walk on the balcony, but it was black at the door even thoigh I could walk out on the balcony.I went back and re-shot the balcony and changed the trim lines a little tighter and it took on the re-upload with no more black.
Post 20 IP   flag post
WGAN Basic
Denver
FIXED!!

It was a combination of what Cabrahams and Harlan suggested. Thanks guys!

I moved the mirror out further on the chiffonier and I marked the fireplace as a mirror due to it's reflection and it worked! YES! Thank you guys!
Post 21 IP   flag post
101641 21 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?