Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
InmanMarketingSales

Virtual tours level off as home showings continue unseasonable increase13209

WGAN
Standard
Cayman Islands
Harrycayman private msg quote post Address this user
Inman headline [2 October 2020]

Virtual tours level off as home showings continue unseasonable increase

harry
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Harrycayman

Thanks for posting. You beat me to my daily read of Inman!

"“[Virtual tours] are in our index and are a very small sliver of total showings. I was hoping to tell you they were going through the roof, but the reality is that virtual showings went up in July and have come down in August and September,” Lane said. “You could argue a bunch of reasons for that, but you would think they’d be going up if [in-person] showings were going way up. Virtual showings are not going up at the same pace," reports Inman.

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan

--

The Inman article is lengthly.

I encourage you to subscribe to Inman to read articles like this.

Free 90 day trial of Inman with this WGAN Affiliate Code
Post 2 IP   flag post
Integratedman private msg quote post Address this user
Level off ya say..how about GO IN THE TANK...My spring was spectacular....fall is setting up to be 'virtually"
non existent....
just terrible..
for verification check with Matterport billing..lol lol lol lol...
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Integratedman

Wish it was better news ...

All,

Anyone else notice a drop in biz lately?

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
OneFineDay private msg quote post Address this user
I have seen a drop in the last two weeks.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
I have 5 homes on my books for the weekend ~ picked up a set of keys from an agent this evening on a last minute pick up shoot since I was already going to be in the area of his listing over the weekend

Got two pints out of the last minute job as well as the agent was waiting on an oil change
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
I just read through the Inman article. I think the focus is on "Showings" as defined as a tour with an agent present, either an in-person tour of a property or a "live virtual tour" conducted online. The president of ShowingTime stated in the article that virtual showings in September were 0.13 percent (9,400 out of 7 million). Yet Zillow and Trulia combined traffic in August was over 350 MILLION visits. The numbers don't correspond. We all can agree that there were a lot more than 9,400 "virtual tours" seen last month extrapolating from the August traffic numbers.

We are talking apples and oranges here. A "virtual showing" in the article refers to a meeting involving an agent and potential buyer, either in person or online. Frankly, I don't think ShowTime has an accurate method of counting actual "live virtual tours". The president's description of their metric in the article is sketchy.

I can agree with the notion that "live virtual tours" with an agent present and the viewer located remotely may not be as popular now as in the spring because of the loosening of showing restrictions at a property. But I am in strong disagreement with the misleading use of "virtual tours" in the article's title. We have had discussions about the use of that term in this forum and it is too broad. The title of the article should be more specific and say "The use of live virtual tours levels off".
Post 7 IP   flag post
101429 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?