Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
FiltersGame StoreGlareHow ToPhoto ShootProblems

suggestion against glare?13175

Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey,
So I have that Game store that I am taking photos of.

first attempt gave me quite some glare. I believe there are filters do minimize that...
any suggestions?

Alex
Post 1 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
i believe i tried a CPF that came with my kit lense as a bundle... don't think it helped much... might have to try that again...
Post 2 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
The smooth covers on the boxes are reflecting the highlights behind you. You could negate that by using flash on the right and left. Maybe you can turn off the overhead lights behind you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
same issue , or even worse with this...

Post 4 IP   flag post
Lambda_Photography private msg quote post Address this user
This glare will be difficult to control, or to get rid of
In physics terms, the angle at which the light hits a reflective surface, will equal the angle at which the reflected light leaves that surface.
As you know, it is reflected light that enters your camera
There are generally only two ways to get rid of reflections, one is to move the main light source, so it hits the surface at a different angle, and two is to move your camera so it cannot see the glare
On packets of goods with a non-uniform surface, moving the camera will possibly have little effect as the reflected light is not uniform
You could try to darken the whole room, and use artificial light that you can control, or do the shot before the sunlight gets too harsh?
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
I haven’t found a be all lens filter yet. I had a decent one and dropped it one day and it shattered. So it’s back burner’d for another one over $100 the next time. Cheap ones haven’t proven Themselves and other photographers have emphasized multiple times to go expensive for better filter quality.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
Again, like I tried to say before. The boxes are reflecting the overhead lights. Notice how the ones at the top are worse... they are at the perfect angle to reflect off the ceiling. The camera, the boxes and the light source are lined up. Like I said, turn off THAT particular overhead light and retake the photo. Should be much better. A retail place likely has numerous other light sources and a white ceiling, which will make this work.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
as far as the lighting situation goes here is a 360

I think all the top lights are together.

3D KULLA PICTURE

Post 8 IP   flag post
101426 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?