Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 761 Unique Visitors
9,055 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,838 Page Views | 19,122 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ProblemsReal EstateScans

Trouble Scanning Townhouse1312

mallir private msg quote post Address this user
I had an issue yesterday Scanning a three level townhouse. The lower level could only be accessed from the outside and had no internal access to the main floor. The lower level was used by the owner has a rental.

After scanning the lower level, I moved onto the main floor but was not able to get any scans to connect to the lower level since their was no internal access such as stairs going up to main level from inside the lower level.

In the end I had to create two different models. One for the lower level (rental) and another for the top two floors.

Anyone ever had this issue? Were you able to find a work around?

Thanks,

Robert
Post 1 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, if you cannot continue scanning from one level thru to the next level you will have to create two models. We were able to do exterior scans to connect both models, making just one model.

Ron
Post 2 IP   flag post
DBurroughs private msg quote post Address this user
It's past time for a way to connect scans manually. Usually my problem is a garage with a second floor apartment. Certainly the software can tell if the GPS coordinates are there.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Regina, Saskatchewan Canada
Queen_City_3D private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by mallir
I had an issue yesterday Scanning a three level townhouse. The lower level could only be accessed from the outside and had no internal access to the main floor. The lower level was used by the owner has a rental.

After scanning the lower level, I moved onto the main floor but was not able to get any scans to connect to the lower level since their was no internal access such as stairs going up to main level from inside the lower level.

In the end I had to create two different models. One for the lower level (rental) and another for the top two floors.

Anyone ever had this issue? Were you able to find a work around?

Thanks,

Robert

Only way I know would be to scan an exterior pathway leading from the one area to the other... You wouldn't be able to do it in direct sunlight though.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101741 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?