Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 488 Unique Visitors
9,045 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 33,567 Page Views | 18,421 Unique Visitors | 26 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AsteroomMarketingMatterportScansTipsVersus

Joining Multiple Buildings with Asteroom13057

jwaltphotography private msg quote post Address this user
One of the issues I experienced with MP was linking multiple buildings together on a single property, due to not being able to shoot in the sun. The IR made it impossible to shoot in direct sunlight and limited my ability to show off a full property in a single immersive tour.

I went to a property today that has been on the market too long, because people don't understand the flow of it.

Like seriously, it's a huge lot, pond, indoor basketball court, dry basement, 3+ bedrooms, barn, shop, and apartment in a nice town for under $200K. It is so massive that a MP couldn't connect and convey the property. Today, I shot it with Asteroom and I am blown away at how I did it.

I used a 360 OneX camera and the asteroom platform. This entire space took 40 minutes to capture. That includes turning on and off lights, so that probably isn't even a fair estimate for shooting time.

The camera quality isn't the best, but I was able to shoot a tour and show off the property.

I think we, as photographers, get so caught up in camera quality that we often neglect our end product function. I am not going to win any photography awards for this shoot. However, this house is now going to sell quickly because people can understand its potential without sifting through 100 photos and trying to play Sherlock Holmes to connect the flow.

I am glad that Asteroom allows this type of use in bright daylight, otherwise, this tour would have "cost" me 5 spots in a MP active tours portfolio and they would have had to teleport through walls since the IR is killed by daylight.

+1 for Asteroom.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
This is great, @jwaltphotography. I’m wondering what separates this tour from any other VR tour (ie, Kuula, etc.). Without the “dollhouse” presence it could be any number of tour providers.

But, you make a good point which can’t be over stated. Whether it’s Asteroom, Kuula, Hippos for 360 (joke), one doesn’t need 20 scans to capture a few rooms. Tours can be crafted with far fewer images.

That said, take a look at this tour I created on Saturday. Once you open the tour, press the play button in the lower left corner of the screen and allow the tour to play out. This is a feature I don’t think any other software has matched...yet. Matterport doesn’t give us a whole lot of control, but this feature does allow for some control.

Post 2 IP   flag post
101587 2 2
This topic is archived. Start new topic?