Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 817 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,913 Page Views | 19,259 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
ApartmentsBusiness PlanHelp WantedHow To

Virtual tour for apartment complex - examples??12908

Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
My apartment complex was just bought recently form a new company, I want to pitch the idea of not only having photos but also 360 Tours from their different sample apartments.

I have not really done a tour of an apartment (I believe i could), but a example might be nice of a average rental apartment. Anyone has a good example, maybe shoot them selves?

Also, do you think there is a market for move in move out 360 Photos (not a tour) to document what condition the place is at move in and move out. WOuld probably need to be cheap would be my guess. Any experience with this.
For me it would be easy since i live at the place so no driving and probably wouldn't take more then 20 min an apartment. Do a stacked price
1st one a month : $X
2-5th a month : $Y
more than 5... a month: $Z
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
I worked in high-end apartment leasing for a couple years recently. Many of the top companies use Matterport. Check out the 3D tours on my previous community's worksite: https://www.avaloncommunities.com/california/sunnyvale-apartments/avalon-silicon-valley?utm_source=%E2%80%8Bgmb%E2%80%8B&utm_medium=%E2%80%8Borganic%E2%80%8B&utm_campaign=gmblist

I can tell you that move-out photos at Avalon Silicon Valley were taken by the maintenance supervisor as part of his routine inspection immediately after move-out (usually within hours). The photos I saw were focused upon specific defects in the apartment that needed attention (and proof for the reconditioning charges). High quality photography was not a concern. The turn-around time for a move-out/move-in is targeted at 5 days for paint, repair, cleaning, carpet, etc. Coordinating the scheduling of a photographer to come in would probably be a high hurdle to overcome.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
Yeah,
mine apartments don't look so high maintenance.

https://www.thepointatarrowhead.com/jacksonville/the-point-at-arrowhead/photos/

I would prefer to show a non Matterport tour as an example...
Since it wont be the same detail and interface, or do you think that will make a difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataventurer
I can tell you that move-out photos at Avalon Silicon Valley were taken by the maintenance supervisor as part of his routine inspection immediately after move-out (usually within hours). The photos I saw were focused upon specific defects in the apartment that needed attention (and proof for the reconditioning charges). High quality photography was not a concern. The turn-around time for a move-out/move-in is targeted at 5 days for paint, repair, cleaning, carpet, etc. Coordinating the scheduling of a photographer to come in would probably be a high hurdle to overcome.

yeah that makes sense... I just thought it would be nice and easy for me. Maybe really offer it with a low cost like below $50 per apartment (again not a tour just 360 photos of each room) Since it wont take me more then 20 min. and i am right there giving them a 48 hour window trying to get them done same day. I mean they usually know when someone moves out before.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
I just checked three of the big apartment community companies in the Bay Area for tours: Avalon Bay, Essex, Irvine Company. All use Matterport. Matterport is like IBM was for years - a safe buy. To find a non-Matterport tour for an existing apartment community will require some searching. The bigger the company, the more likely they would choose Matterport.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
So i checked
https://www.marylandmanagement.com/Apartments

None of the ones in Jacksonville (Where i live) Have any tours... but i did see a Matterport tour in ONE of the ones in Pennsylvania.

https://www.hamletwestapts.com/?state=maryland&city=baltimore&commname=hamlet-west/

Would it make any sense specifically to sign up for Matter port with a Z1 if that is the only way they want to have it...?
Post 5 IP   flag post
101636 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?