Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicePasswordsWebsites

Private scans, accesible by external website...?12862

virtuallyreal private msg quote post Address this user
Hi folks,

A question for the forum. It's about Matterport of course, but maybe more of a web design slant. Let me explain...

I have a scan that the client wants to view through a website platform they have built. The platform will be accesssible via an email address and a password.

The scan will be on there, but its highly confidential and they don't want the Matterport url accessible to anyone not logged into the site.

I know the options for a scan are open, passworded or private. I know if it's open, the URL is going to work from anywhere, if they have it. And, the clients don't want to go down the password route because it's clunky for the user.

So, my question...

If a scan is private, only collaborators to my Matterport account can view the scan.

Is it possible to setup a collaborator account that the website uses to access the scan - if that makes sense? Of course, it'll be down to the website builders to code this and I'm not sure if it's possible as my expertise is not in web design.

Anyone have any thoughts on this>
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
@virtuallyreal, is it possible that you can assign one collaborator that is only for this project/scan? That all would use the same sign in?

I am curious to see the feedback, so I offered a clumsy solution.

Post 2 IP   flag post
virtuallyreal private msg quote post Address this user
Hi there,

I effectively want the client's website to be the collaborator.

This means the scan can be private, but for users going through the website, they don't notice any difference.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN
3rd Party
Service
Beijing
JuMP private msg quote post Address this user
@virtuallyreal There is maybe another way.
Do you accept the password protect solution?
Currently you can setup "one" password for each showcase in my.matterport.com setup page.

After that you embeded the showcase in your website. When your customer want to view it on your website they must request password. You can just write the password on your page after your customer log in your website.

It should work.

But if your customer tell someboby the matterport showcase link and the password then the 3rd person can access the showcase with the password on his pc without log into your website.

This is the complain about the "one" password solution. That your showcase can be access out of your control.

But if the password isn't only "one", it may be a random changed password (change every 1 minute) and only when your customer log in your website they can get it and see the showcase with the special password.

And the password can only valid for 1 minute. During the tour no password is requested, the password was requested only when you open the showcase url.
So that with the old password and showcase link the 3rd person can only access it within 1 mintue. After that the password is changed. Want to see the showcase they must log in your website to get the new password.

At the server side of your website you can make some code to automatic change the password on my.matterport.com setup page with your collaborator key.

Never try the "random password every minute" solution, it is just my theoretical scheme.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101421 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?