Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360DSLRNewbiesPhotosWorkflow

Combined Photography and 360 gig?12830

Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
Are there any "only 360" virtual tour photographers in this forum?
Is this even viable?

I assume most do real estate photos and 360 (and...)
but if you do both workflow wise, do you take regular photos, and the do 360 photos... Meaning you do all real estate photos, pack that camera away and start with all 360 photos, or do you switch after every image...

Thanks
Alex
Post 1 IP   flag post
HarlanHambright private msg quote post Address this user
80% of time I extract stills from mp. I think they’re almost (usually) as good as Nikon especially for web only real estate work. When I shoot with both I do mp first then run around w camera as I turn lights off.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Virtual_Homey private msg quote post Address this user
I usually shoot the Matterport first and then I go back through and shoot hdr on my stills cam. I agree that the res in the Matterport stills is great it's just that I can take a better photograph with my camera than I can with the Matterport.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Macomb, Michigan
Bose19 private msg quote post Address this user
When someone requests a matterport 3D tour, I always offer an add on still photo package, which I will use a DSLR for those. Once in a while, I will take the stills from the matterport, but I don't charge as much because they are not as good.
Post 4 IP   flag post
PickChuck private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Alex,

I do them separate. If you do them at the same time you would have to hide yourself and your still camera.

At least that's my feelings.

Hope you are doing well,
Chuck
Post 5 IP   flag post
jen_ishayoga private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Alex,

I only do real estate photography, not sure if that's specifically what you're looking for but happy to share. In terms of packages - I have flat rate pricing and offer services in specific tiers.
(a) Photos only, then choose add-ons
(b) Matterport only, then choose add-ons
(c) Photo + Matterport bundle (discounted), then choose add-ons

Couple of caveats here:
In our area Matterport has a starting rate around $175 - 200 which is more than a standard photo package by far. So, yes, for me it's totally made sense to offer it as an independent visit.
Second thing I feel like I need to mention is that the package it isn't a 360, rather it's a 3D tour. You may have meant 3D but I wanted to clarify because what agents know as a 360 tour vs 3D tour is substantially different in price. If you're offering 360s, like CloudPano or Kuula then your price point may not be worth offering these solo. Likewise, I also offer Zillow's 3D but not on it's own. It has to be part of a package.

After saying all that 🤪 while I do offer Matterport independently, it's not often that it's purchased on it's own. Some agents are cheap and choose to make their own "virtual tour" via slideshow on TourFactory (popular here). OR they order it within a bundle.

Here are some numbers
- 80% of total revenue is photos
- About 3% of a month will be virtual tours (busy months)

I don't pull images from my 360s.

Hope that helps!
Jen
Post 6 IP   flag post
Jacksonville, Florida
thereal360 private msg quote post Address this user
Hey thank you Jen for taking your time i really appreciate that!!

WOW, 80% is photos and only 3% virtual tours... really...
Post 7 IP   flag post
101641 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?