Are you a Pro thinking about getting started with 3D/360 Real Estate tours?

Hi All,

Where are you in your 3D/360 journey?

A photographer friend and colleague of many years writes (below my signature) that he is planning to start a 24/7 Virtual Tour photography business and seeks my advice (including should he sign up as a paid Member.

Here’s the substance of my reply:

Good choice on Ricoh Theta Z1. I am glad that you were able to buy/receive one!

1. Build your business around Asteroom virtual tour platform and Google Street View. Ricoh Theta Z1 is seamlessly integrated with the Asteroom (iOS, Android) app. For the Asteroom nadir, upload your logo to globally added it to all your 360s. (It's easier than your previous workflow.)
2. Add Panoskin Pro for publishing to Google Street View
3. For fulfillment of digital assets, consider either: 1) Show & Tour - compatible with Asteroom or RELA for Photographers (with RELA Photographer Store Front Add On)
4. Get Virtual Tour Pro by Ben Claremont: especially for the business courses and advance workflows

About WGAN Standard Membership

1. Includes one free Asteroom Pay Per Tour Bundle ($60 value)
2. Includes the free use of Asteroom Professional Subscription (Saves $19.90 monthly) Z1
3. [When you upgrade to Asteroom Enterprise (saves $19.90 monthly)]
4. Includes the free use of Show & Tour Plus Membership (saves $19 per month)
5. Includes free use of Panoskin Pro (saves $20 monthly)
6. Includes three full page locations of the WGAN Find a Pro Map (potential leads/referrals)
7. Includes free use of WordPress Pro Plan from Ionblade (saves $15.95 monthly)
8. Includes the free use of WGAN-TV Training Academy (save $19 monthly)
9. Save $50 on Drone Pilot Ground School with WGAN coupon code
10. If you pre-pay for the 1st 12 months of WGAN Standard Membership, you receive - free - Virtual Tour Pro Course by Ben Claremont.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hi Dan,

[...] I am not using Matterport or it’s camera. I never bought one as I was doing DSLR work for Google and at that time it was just not good enough. I did get a Theta Z1 two weeks ago and I think it’s going to be a game changer for me both for Google Shoots and Real Estate. I just couldn’t bring myself to devote the time it took to do a 360 in the other workflow for Real Estate shoots.

I am back in cube land as a [redacted] (Actually working from home now)

As you know I have been a photographer for 3 decades on and off owning studios, being a Naval Officer and shooting full time and part time…etc.

Several years ago the company I was working for fired everyone over night and I did Real Estate photography for a year full time. Made a good living but had kids in college so I went back to [field].

Also, before that I sold a large real estate company [doing] $1 million in rental homes and Google would not let me do them because they were, “personally owned”. So close …..yet so far.

Right now my [redacted] job could go away any minute. So I have stepped up my Real Estate work and ready to have it step in if necessary. Photography is my passion just like it is for you.

My current plan is:

1. Use https://www.gofullframe.com/features for my fulfillment site.
2. Pickup about 12 Realtors that are selling a minimum of 12 homes per year.
3. Use Asteroom for my 360’s. I really like the dollhouse. Don’t know if I need them to create my panos.
4. Shoot for UBER eats and Door dash and sell Google Business Views to these clients. Additional stream of income.
5. Pass my Drone certification (I am a former Navy Pilot and have resisted doing this). LOL

So the 64K question is should I pay for a subscription to your site?

[redacted]

I also used PTGui for years and can do an upgrade as I read they support the Theta Z1.

I have used to use Autopano for FANCAM shoots and pano2vr to edit the nadar.

Thoughts sir?

I so value your opinion. I suspect your are the worlds expert on all things 360.

Cheers,

[redacted]

Dan,