Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 39 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Question of the DayUsedUsed Matterport Camera for Sale

Question of the Day>Can you use a Z1 instead of a Pro2 to Offer Matterport?12680

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Hi All,

The WGAN Forum Question of the Day for Sunday, 2 August 2020:

Can you use a Ricoh Theta Z1 instead of a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera to Offer Matterport?

Today's question is inspired by a WGAN Member that joined the WGAN Private Group today (2 August 2020) - Buy-Sell Used Matterport Cameras to sell her used Matterport Pro2 3D Camera and use her Ricoh Theta Z1 to create Matterport 3D Tours exclusively.

Your thoughts?

Best,

Dan
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
I use my Z1 exclusively. I can notice the difference in quality, but the average client most likely will not.
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Boxborough, Massachusetts
toddwaddington private msg quote post Address this user
I purchased the Pro2 after researching and talking to a number of pros. The Pro2 has the edge.

That isn't to say that the Z1 isn't useable, but if I were doing Matterport exclusively, I'd hang on to that Pro2. I would have considered other pro 360 cameras if they were compatible with Matterport. Matterport's proprietary Pro 2 offers highest quality and that gives me the confidence to sell the product. I don't want to ever offer something I can't deliver.

Todd
Post 3 IP   flag post
Eladitems private msg quote post Address this user
The Z1 is perfect. I use it all the time and especially for backyards its better then the P2
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Las Vegas
VTLV private msg quote post Address this user
@Eladitems - “is perfect“ / “especially for backyards”.

It’s not perfect when the thing overheats and dies or fighting battery drain constantly at 30%.

It’s not perfect for delivering obj files for construction jobs.

Portability and shooting speed are great. Upload cost blows for classic plans.

The tool has allowed an enormous influx of brand new 360 professional photographers to jump into the game, shoot fast & study up later.
Post 5 IP   flag post
101425 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?