Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdvicePluginRedirectionSkinnedWordPressWP3D Models

Quick Tip to those who use WP3D Models and encountered the same issue12665

ZakhZ private msg quote post Address this user
Hey Team,

I've been silently browsing through this forum long enough, I've learned so much. Big thank you to the members who are on here answering questions and giving advice.

I thought I'd give back a little and share a solution to a small problem I had with WP3D Models.

Problem:

As we know, there are 2 main one page website styles, Skinned and Standard

Skinned is the nice one, it's already styled nicely and we don't really need to do anything to it.
Standard by default doesn't look that nice, for me personally it has this issue where the matterport Iframe scrolls over the NAV bar and the styling looks weird.

Skinned isn't the default, even after making it the default view in settings.
the URL still needs that extra /skinned/ parameter example: www.virtualrealestate.nz/view/1-hobson-street/skinned/

Organic SEO defaults to the original website www.virtualrealestate.nz/view/1-hobson-street it doesn't act like a normal WP page so I couldn't delete it.

I needed to make it impossible for users to intentionally or accidently open that page.

Solution:

I found this simple WP Plugin called Redirection https://wordpress.org/plugins/redirection/
The name is pretty self explanatory, it redirects all users from one link (in our case the standard view to the skinned one)

Once you install and activate it.

Put your standard link in the source /view/1-hobson-street
Put the skinned link in the target /view/1-hobson-street/skinned/

Now whevener someone visits /view/1-hobson-street they get smoothly redirected to /view/1-hobson-street/skinned/

Many of you might not even need this. But to those that do, I hope this helped, if you have any questions please comment below.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@ZakhZ

Welcome to the WGAN Forum and thank you for your insightful post on WP3D Models meets WordPress Plugin Redirection to easily solve the redirect challenge to display the skinned view.

That's awesome! I have been using WP3D Models (from before Day 1) and had no idea that there was a solution to this challenge.

Thank you - and others - for starting new WGAN Topics to share tips, best practices, solutions and more!

Enjoy your weekend,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WP3D Models
Tech Team
DanielBenion private msg quote post Address this user
This is a great find, and something I was just speaking about with Ross the other day. Thanks so much for sharing @ZakhZ, I'm excited to try this out!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Missoula, MT
rpetersn private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks @ZakhZ - Great suggestion here!

There is also the option of adding a bit of custom code to your site (in the form of a 'single-model.php' template replacement) that doesn't require the use of a plugin, but this is a great/quick/straightforward solution.

For a plugin-less way of redirecting the "standard" to the "skinned" view, do this:

1. Create a new file named 'single-model.php'.

2. Paste the following code into that file:

<?php
/**
* The template overrides the WP3D Models "standard" display
* PLACE A COPY IN YOUR ACTIVE THEME'S ROOT
*/

$permalink = trailingslashit(get_permalink());

// 301 Redirect Standard to Skinned
header("Location: ".$permalink."skinned",TRUE,301);

3. Save this 'single-model.php' file into the root of your active WordPress theme directory.

4. Done!

Thanks for sharing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
101629 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?