Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3DVistaHostingReal EstateSelf Hosting

3D VISTA Software - Self Hosting12637

JLGonzales private msg quote post Address this user
Hello, hope everyone is very well.

Im trying to self host the tours i created with 3D vista Software, because the hosting service provided by them, looks a kind of expensive for me (considering the reduced space they offer in each plan).

So i'm trying to find a solution to make the self hosting, i'm not sure, but i think i need a domain, a web page, and the main factor is the hosting service with the appropriate characteristics (for real estate and some other business).

If anyone can guide me through this process, I will be very grateful.
Post 1 IP   flag post
CrazeVR private msg quote post Address this user
1. get a domain I use DreamHost
2. Get a naz server I use https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/DS620slim
3. point the domain to the Nas unit. Use the Synology quick connect to upload files or use an FTP like file Zilla. (make sure you have a static IP and DNS or this will not work.)

https://youtu.be/8lIR98oJouE
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, JLGonzales,

You are probably looking for s SIMPLE, INEXPENSIVE, SCALEABLE solution for a place to put your tour videos and slideshows, right? Me, too! I found a solution that works for me last week after spending about 3 hours searching for "cheap video hosting".

Check out www.streamable.com They offer a free option, but the "Pro" is so ridiculously low (cost of 2 Starbucks Ventis) that it's a no-brainer. Here's from their pricing page (only Free and Pro, so they are NOT looking to get you to upgrade by charging for more space).
Pro
$9/mo (yes, as in NINE DOLLARS, with a 14 day free trial to start!)
Videos stored forever
No ads on your videos
Stream in 4K Ultra HD
No limit on video size or length

I sent a support request to them late Sunday night and received an answer at 4:14 a.m. PST. Pretty responsive!

I am working on how to get a couple things adjusted (no looping at the end, minimal skin). I will post a new thread with details and example links in the next day or so.

Hope this resource helps!
Post 3 IP   flag post
PaulM private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazeVR
1. get a domain I use DreamHost
2. Get a naz server I use https://www.synology.com/en-us/products/DS620slim
3. point the domain to the Nas unit. Use the Synology quick connect to upload files or use an FTP like file Zilla. (make sure you have a static IP and DNS or this will not work.)

Don't do this - unless you really know what your doing and you have a REALLY solid & fast internet connection to your premises. You are FAR better off using an online service - they are purpose built for what you want. I agree that the 3dVista offering is stupidly expensive but there are plenty of alternatives, investigate using Amazon servers for a start.

I have 3 Synology servers and they are reliable beasts but if one goes down, you're off the air till you rebuild. If the internet connection to your premises fails, you're off the air - leave it to someone who has the systems in place to cope with this.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dataventurer
Hey, JLGonzales,

You are probably looking for s SIMPLE, INEXPENSIVE, SCALEABLE solution for a place to put your tour videos and slideshows, right?

Check out www.streamable.com

Hope this resource helps!

no actually it doesn't - OP is looking for a place to host tours created in 3dVista - streamable is just a video site, nothing to do with 360 panoramas as far as I can see.
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Gilroy, California
Dataventurer private msg quote post Address this user
PaulM,

I have personally uploaded 360 photos for use on my last project.

I was holding off sending a link to a site to show what I did with Streamable and Show and Tours together, but here it is, still a couple tweaks working. Go to the photo section at the bottom and the last two photos are 360 shots from a Ricoh SC2.

https://show.tours/17440chesbrolakedr

So, I think 3DVista tours could be easily hosted on Streamable!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
You're quite correct - Streamable does accept a 360 panorama (which is actually a .jpg format) but that's just a single image - I don't believe it will accept a multi panorama tour such as one delivered from 3dVista which is not an image but a series of images and tour information delivered as a HTML5 package with some JAVA scripts - it's purpose built to be hosted on a data platform and interpreted by a browser.

I'm only a beginner with 3dVista so I could well be wrong. This is the output from 3dVista

Post 7 IP   flag post
dzunker private msg quote post Address this user
So you have several options.

You can use your Synology NAS as a web server, BUT unless you have it set up correctly, you are vulnerable to attacks via ports 83/445 which are used for the web service. You also need to have gigabyte internet connection to not lag. You actually should have 2 Gigabyte internet providers to ensure you have a high level of availability, if one provider goes down. You will need to have 2 NAS with one on hot standby in case one NAS fails. You would also need to check the size of your UPS unit to make sure it had enough time on battery for a prolonged power outage.

I actually use my Synology in place of DropBox to delivery downloads to my clients now, but this is not a high availability requirement like hosting tours.

So on to more viable options:

OPTION 1: Cloud Storage
You can set up a bucket on Amazon S3, KeyCDN, or other cloud storage provider. You do not need to use your own domain name, but using your own domain is better for brand recognition. Google Amazon S3 and Pano Tour Pro and you will find the steps to do this. KeyCDN is a bit easier to set up. Your will need to FTP to add your tours to these sites. Please note the major drawback with cloud storage is they throttle your uploads, and a simple 5GB tour can take hours to upload.

OPTION 2: A folder in your website
You can add the tour to a folder on your website. The draw back here is the speed of the website. If you use shared hosting, you will run into performance issues during busy times on the server. It is better to use VPS or a private server. I currently host on the High Frequency servers at Vultr/Gridpane.

Make sure you set up https aka SSL for which ever option you use so you will not have any issues sharing or displaying your tours.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN
Standard
Los Angeles
Home3D private msg quote post Address this user
I've become an enthusiast for 3DVista over the past four months, having completed about a dozen tours, one with over 150 panoramas. It's a fabulous system. Recently I've begun self-hosting my completed tours on IonBlade which also hosts my website:
clickable text

My largest 3DVista tour is nearly a full GB in size in finished form, so as you create cool tours you'll be using space. You also need a service with state of the art fast servers for the best performance.

If you host your tours in connection with your own website, this will also boost your SEO by generating traffic. I confess I don't know anything about the technicalities, but as I'm based in Los Angeles, there's a lot of competition in MP and real estate marketing. Search Google for the words 'Matterport Los Angeles' and I'm generally the top of page one. That should help convince you that self hosting tours, which I also do via the use of WP3D Models, helps you stay on top. I get at least one call per week asking "Are you Matterport?" I've begun answering 'Yes'

Here's one of my latest, the home of Rainn Wilson, Dwight on The Office. It's a hybrid tour with Matterport wrapped in 3DVista wrapped in WP3D Models. So you see, you don't have to choose just one. It can be more powerful to combine them.

clickable text

Yes, Rainn has pet pigs.
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Home3D

Ha! Pet pigs. That's fun!

I your mashup of 3DVista, WP3D Models and Matterport. Way cool!

And, thank you for taking advantage of your WGAN Standard Membership Benefits, including:

✓ Free use of WP3D Models WordPress Plugin
✓ Free use of WordPress Hosting Pro powered by Ionblade

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101432 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?