Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 723 Unique Visitors
9,033 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,655 Page Views | 18,601 Unique Visitors | 40 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D Showcase

Getting eyes on 3D Showcases126

Orange, California
craigsauer private msg quote post Address this user
I'd like to hear what you guys think about the current visibility of 3D Showcases, in terms of how the various websites real estate buyers use feature them. A potential client I talked to last week got me thinking about this. If potential buyers don't click on the 3D Showcases, then our clients shouldn't be paying us to create them.

I've been looking around at the various real estate web sites that post MLS info, and it's pretty depressing.

My home is currently listed for sale, and the 3D Showcase is linked as a virtual tour on the MLS. I've poked around to see how the various sites pick it up.

For example, on Redfin: Waaaaaay at the bottom of the property's page there's a text link to a virtual tour. (At the very top are the photographs of the property.)

Realtor.com: Can't see a link to the 3D Showcase anywhere.

I hope that part of Matterport's deal with Redfin would include having Redfin more prominently feature the 3D Showcases (even ones not listed by Redfin).

What are others here doing to improve visibility? The realtor for my house tells potential buyers about the tour and will email them a link to find it.

Do you guys put QR codes linking to 3D Showcases on flyers or print ads?

Marketing websites for homes obviously can prominently feature 3D Showcases, but getting people to those sites has challenges, too.

Craig
Post 1 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
Since Matterport hasn't given us (and may never give us) any tracking tools, it's a moot point. There's no way for us to know how many people are clicking on them.

For my part, I post them on my FB business page, share them on my personal page, and tag the agent. Not optimal, but it gets the showcase out there.
Post 2 IP   flag post
dfellars private msg quote post Address this user
I use google analytics on my own site when I host the models for agents. It generates about as many clicks as the photo gallery.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Tim private msg quote post Address this user
We use a short YouTube clip like this one...

http://youtu.be/PMtrsYZOAks

which plays out within the photo roll (not sure if you guys have that) and makes people aware there is a tour. Another solution we have used is a photo of the model and similar text if video isn't an option.

We re-route all of our tours through our own Ticketyview links so we can follow them all accurately stats wise.
Post 4 IP   flag post
JakeRees private msg quote post Address this user
Zillow comes up with " View Matterport Tour". Once posted on the MLS it takes about 15 mins and its up.

If Zillow is doing it, eventually the other Real Estate websites will as well.

As far as Redfin is concerned, has anyone seen them posting there matterport tours? With there big announcement being that they will be doing it on all listed homes, I have seen 0 in my area and talked with an agent saying they have started implementing this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
I syndicate ours right through the MLS so it is on all of the 3rd party websites as a virtual tour. It isn't embedded or anything so they have to click the link, but I'd like to think that a lot of people are seeing it. Like Glenda said, until they can provide us with some metrics we won't know

I use IDX Broker on my website, so they'd need to click Virtual Tour;
http://search.doylerealestateteam.com/idx/details/listing/a020/4532707/8011-Southridge-Trail-Rockford-Minnesota?widgetReferer=true
I also do a blog post about each listing which is shared on social media;
http://doylerealestateteam.com/tag/3d-tour/
It use to be easy to find link on Zillow & Trulia but now I don't even see it.. they both added so many ads, its just gross.
http://www.zillow.com/homes/8011-Southridge-Trail-Rockford,-MN_rb/
http://www.trulia.com/property/3053102659-8011-Southridge-Trl-Rockford-MN-55373

Virtual Tour button is easy to find, and we're seeing normal click rate on my broker's site;
http://www.results.net/homes-for-sale/MN/Rockford/55373/8011_Southridge_Trail/198_610745/

same goes for the competition's website;
http://www.edinarealty.com/homes-for-sale/8011-Southridge-Trail-Rockford-MN-55373-133200862
Post 6 IP   flag post
dfellars private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeRees
Zillow comes up with " View Matterport Tour". Once posted on the MLS it takes about 15 mins and its up.

If Zillow is doing it, eventually the other Real Estate websites will as well.

As far as Redfin is concerned, has anyone seen them posting there matterport tours? With there big announcement being that they will be doing it on all listed homes, I have seen 0 in my area and talked with an agent saying they have started implementing this.

Jake, I am in touch with a few Redfin offices. Only their largest markets have cameras right now. I am working my way through the Redfin Chicago office to get a good idea of what is going on. They have many agents and listings and I cannot imagine they have enough cameras to cover them all.

Likewise, as someone who once worked for a large tech company, I cannot discount that Strategy (buying Matterport Cameras) is ahead of their IT team. Having worked with IT teams for much of my career, it is possible they are just behind on development.

Dan Fellars
www.scandimensions.com
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jake,

Where do you see this view Matterport tour button on Zillow? Do you have an example? I have the link in our MLS data field and our brokerage syndicates directly to Zillow yet I can't seem to find the button anymore. It looks like Zillow changed the lay out of their listing page and added a bunch more advertisements.
Post 8 IP   flag post

We are also doing demonstrations at various agents functions and client nights to raise awareness.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Tim,

That is awesome! I did a couple of lunch and learn events for agents within our association and am going to be including VR into the next on this spring. I think after inman connect this week we're going to see even more press for 3D tours & VR.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Cheers, yeah it's been pretty well received. We still don't have support for Gear VR in Australia yet, but hopefully not far away...
Post 11 IP   flag post
in my opinion the mesh view on oculus is just not practical for any real world use yet. The showcase view they're demoing on the gear VR however is, and if they can adapt to google cardboard or atleast gyro viewing on a smart phone in the future that will be huge.
Post 12 IP   flag post
DavidH private msg quote post Address this user
Here is an example of one of my listings on Zillow.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/4348-Northpoint-Cir-Saint-Louis-MO-63129/2118047407_zpid/

I noticed that when it first syndicated, it did not upload the virtual tour from the MLS. I had to go in and add it to the Zillow listing myself. There is a virtual tour section that you can simply post the link to, and it should show up just fine.

It's actually fairly prominent on Zillow, especially if you add something like :

***Click "View Matterport Tour" To Take a 3D Virtual Tour of This Property***

...before the description.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks! When I first listed these properties I did see the link under Virtual Tour but thanks to this thread noticed it went MIA after their changes. I'll have to login and add the link again.

one of these days they'll give us metrics! Another agent suggested I use a bit.ly to track it in the meantime
Post 14 IP   flag post
101421 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?