Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
360Google Street ViewGSVNewbiesRicoh Theta Z1

Google Street View Newbie12569

WGAN Standard
Greenville, South Carolina
8643d private msg quote post Address this user
Hello WGAN Forum,

I had a new client reach out to me today, wanting pictures and a 360 Tour done at a self-storage facilty nearby. I just assumed she wanted a Matterport Tour, but after further discussion about hosting costs, turns out she is wanting something different. She sent me a website link which contained a tour that she is desiring. clickable text

I am not familiar at all with Google's 360 platform, though I probably should be. Being a Matterport provider, I assumed that I could publish a tour to Google from Matterport. But I have never done that before, I usually deal with residential real estate.

Basically, I'd like to know what my best route is to get the tour the client desires, as in the link above. If I create a Matterport Tour will I have to keep it active even after I publish it to GSV? (I do not want an active model for an extended amount of time, due to the new Matterport plan costs.) I use a Theta Z1 360 camera, what are my options? Thanks for your input.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #698- Public And Private Settings, Link To Space With Google Street View

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #699- Logging Into The Google Street View App

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #700- Image Settings In The Google Street View App

WGAN-TV Matterport Workshop 3.0 Part 5 of 5 Short Story #701- Exemplification For Using Google Street View Images

@8643d

For the storage locker example shown (above), you should be fine shooting with Matterport and publishing to Google Street View. That's an easy workflow for you.

In these WGAN-TV Short Stories (#698, #699, #700, #701), Matterport Marketing Manager Amir Frank shows how to publish to Google Street View from Matterport Workshop 3.0.

Includes

✓ Where to place
✓ How to place
✓ How to allow Matterport permission to your Google account
✓ How to position correctly
✓ How to confirm a business listing
✓ How hidden Matterport scans works in Google Street View
✓ How to limit Google to Matterport scans in Highlight Reel
✓ How to limit Google to the Start scan only
✓ How to un-publish from Google Street View
✓ How to set which Matterport scans are viewable in the left panel

About

Quote:
Originally Posted by @8643d
If I create a Matterport Tour will I have to keep it active even after I publish it to GSV?

No. Once you publish to Google Street View, you no longer need to keep the Matterport Tour active. That said, after you deliver the project, you might see if the client likes the annotation that you can do in the Matterport space (MatterTags: Video, Audio, Text, Photos, Links to pricing, etc.)

Note that there are many ways to publish to Google Street View. Since you are a Matterport Service Provider, this is likely the best way to go for you (and your client).

Okay?

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Ok great, I feel more comfortable with accepting this job with that information. Thank you, @DanSmigrod.
Post 3 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@8643d

Please let us know how it goes!

Reminder that Matterport charges 1x fee of $19 for Matterport to Google Street View publishing.

Best,

Dan
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
Will my outdoor 360 scans show up? The client specifically asked for the ability to walk in and out of the office. Upon further research, I might not want to use Matterport to publish this property to GSV without further understanding the transition from Matterport to GSV. The client's previous tours were done using a DSLR and the 360 images look professionally edited.

Here's what I think I am going to try. Capturing the 360 images with my Z1 using the Theta app. Uploading them to my pc, editing using Lightroom and Photoshop to clean them up and get rid of the tripod. Then upload them to the GSV app, where I can connect them together and publish. Is this a decent plan?

Thanks,
Alex
Post 5 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
WGAN-TV: Panoskin Demo and Discussion for Newbies

@8643d

While your plan is viable, note that 360º photos are different than editing 2D photos.

Let me suggest a different workflow:

1. Shoot interiors with Matterport Pro2 3D Camera: 360 Scans
2. Shoot exteriors with Matterport Pro2 3D Camera: 360 Views
3. Publish to Google Street View from Matterport
4. Use Panoskin Pro - GSV moderator tool - to extract the highest quality 360s from GSV
(As a WGAN Standard Member, you get the free use of Panoskin Pro)
5. Have a 3rd Party Service Provider - that specializes in 360 photo editing - edit your images (such as PhotoAndVideoEdits.com
6. Re-published the edited images to Google Street View (Panoskin Pro to Google Street View)

Note: You really need to use a GSV moderator tool - rather than Google Street View app - to create your "constellation" (the linking of the tour) and modify the linking of the tour.

Does this help?

Best,

Dan
Post 6 IP   flag post
WGAN Standard
@DanSmigrod

Yes, that workflow makes sense. However, I do not have a Pro2 at the moment, and have just been using the Z1 for Matterport. The client does not want a very detailed 360 tour, in her previous ones there are only about 8 to 10 360 views. So in order to save time in the field, I was thinking of bypassing Matterport by just taking the 360 photos with Ricoh.

I did not realize that Photoandvideoedits.com edited 360 photos. Is it still 1 credit per photo? I think I will definitely utilize them i this process. I’ve been wanting a good excuse to try them out!

Do I need any special promo codes or anything to access Panoskin Pro? I am not familiar with it, but will look it over today.

Thanks again, @DanSmigrod for your input.
Post 7 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@8643d

Pro1 images that are edited can look great.

WGAN Standard and Premium Members receive the free use of Panoskin Pro. Simply complete this WGAN Order Form (I will Private Message you the password).

PhotoAndVideoEdits.com Pricing

As a WGAN Member, in addition to the 50 FREE Credits when you join PhotoAndVideoEdits.com, you will automatically receive an additional 50 FREE Credits in your 2nd full month. I will Private Message you the WGAN Form to receive this WGAN Membership benefit.

Dan
Post 8 IP   flag post
Hopscotch private msg quote post Address this user
hi there! the videos with Amir are super helpful, but I'm still not 100% sure I know what to do. I want to publish the tour of the lobby that I shot, and I also want the 10 or so images from my highlight reel to be included in what gets published to GSV. I understand we can't control which images Google chooses, but I want to make sure I choose the right button. Do I choose the first option (publish all scan points) or do I choose the second option (include your curated images from the highlight reel). Amir said that there is "overlap", but that doesn't clarify to me if the "95" images included highlight reel images. Thanks!
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
Club Member
Queensland, Australia
Wingman private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod
Reminder that Matterport charges 1x fee of $19 for Matterport to Google Street View publishing.

I have just checked and it seems it is still offered for free as "included in your subscription for a limited time"
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by @Hopscotch
hi there! the videos with Amir are super helpful, but I'm still not 100% sure I know what to do. I want to publish the tour of the lobby that I shot, and I also want the 10 or so images from my highlight reel to be included in what gets published to GSV. I understand we can't control which images Google chooses, but I want to make sure I choose the right button. Do I choose the first option (publish all scan points) or do I choose the second option (include your curated images from the highlight reel). Amir said that there is "overlap", but that doesn't clarify to me if the "95" images included highlight reel images. Thanks!

@Hopscotch

If you would like to publish to Google Street View a sub-set of all your Matterport scan points - choose the second option (include your curated images from the Matterport Highlight Reel).

Dan
Post 11 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia

Screen Grab from my.matterport.com portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Wingman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSmigrod

I have just checked and it seems it is still offered for free as "included in your subscription for a limited time"

@Wingman

That's great news. Thanks for sharing!

Hi All,

Take advantage of the $19 per tour savings per model to publish to Google Street View.

Dan
Post 12 IP   flag post
101432 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?