Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Dollhouse ViewInsta360 One XMatterportNewbiesScanning

Help with quality/resolution of furniture in Matterport Dollhouse View?12453

nehuen private msg quote post Address this user
Hi everyone, newbie here!

I've recently purchased a Insta360 One X and decided to try out Matterport. The challenge I'm facing right now is to capture my workplace (a medium-sized office) but I'm having some issues with the quality/resolution of furniture in the dollhouse view. Is there any way I can improve it –make it less glitchy?

I came across this video by InspirationalViews and... I'm impressed by the quality of the objects!

Would you say they were improved or added as 3D models later when editing the video? Or were they 100% captured with Matterport?

Thanks a lot! Really looking forward to participating in this community!

Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Video: 3D Dynamic Floor Plan Video by Inspirational Views | Video courtesy of Inspirational Views YouTube Channel | 20 March 2016

@nehuen

Since you mentioned the cleaned up Matterport dollhouse view by Inspirational Views.

Here is a related WGAN Forum discussion:

20 Questions: Google Earth FLY-IN 3D Videos

In this discussion, I interviews Inspirational Views founder Gus "@pirusan" Hanashiro about his FLY-IN 3D Video service.

That's a long way of saying that the cleaned up view was only created to create the video: it's not in the public Matterport 3D Tour.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@nehuen

For clarification, Matterport does not offer the option to upload the "cleaned up" Dollhouse View.

Dan
Post 3 IP   flag post
nehuen private msg quote post Address this user
@DanSmigrod
Wow Dan! Thanks for the reply! I'll read that thread ASAP!

Just to clarify: By no means did I try to imply that Inspirational Views –only– cleaned up the view for the video. What my question meant was: is it possible to achieve that incredible quality and resolution in a Matterport Tour?

I apologize if it looked as I underestimated @pirusan 's and Inspirational Views work. English is not my primary language and I sometimes may sound a bit rough.

Thanks a lot!
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
@nehuen

(All Good.)

To get the best possible images in a Matterport 3D Tour, use a Matterport Pro2 3D Camera.
To get the best possible mesh in a Matterport 3D Tour, use a Leica BLK360 camera/scanner.
Unfortunately, while the mesh can be "cleaned-up" (for example, to create a video), it's not possible to upload the "cleaned-up" mess view to Matterport.

Best,

Dan

P.S. Time for a walk. I likely will be slow to reply, if you post again ...
Post 5 IP   flag post
101436 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?