Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360Buy Camera

Think of getting Leica BLK36012382

London, England
Views4D private msg quote post Address this user
I am thinking of getting the BLK360 although I would hate to be collecting dust. Can anyone offer advice to a BLK360 Newbie. Is it worth the investment?
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN
Fan Club
enochlore private msg quote post Address this user
The BLK360 is a nice unit, the images it takes are not the highest resolution. I used the unit to create a point cloud of a potential crime scene for a forensic review.
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
@Views4D It really depends on what your looking for in a final product, if your providing point cloud data to architects or builder great investment. If you are only doing real-estate tours I personally think you could invest in other equipment. I guess my question is what is your final goal before I think you could get good advice.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Colino private msg quote post Address this user
The BLK is great for large properties with swimming pools and extensive gardens. It’s great for commercial use such as hotels and resorts too.
I bought one 10 months ago and I have used it a dozen times. I’m going to sell mine and hire one when I need it in future. I am based in Ireland so the real estate market where I get most work rarely has the large gardens with pools.

So hire one if the properties in your area are not suitable or if you don’t do much commercial work.
Post 4 IP   flag post
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by enochlore
The BLK360 is a nice unit, the images it takes are not the highest resolution. I used the unit to create a point cloud of a potential crime scene for a forensic review.
Hey Colino, That an interesting use of the BLK.
Post 5 IP   flag post
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Views4D
Quote:
Hey @enochlore, That an interesting use of the BLK.
Post 6 IP   flag post
London, England
Quote:
Quote:
Hey @enchlore, Is that during or post crime scene investigation? This particular use case is very intriguing.
Post 7 IP   flag post
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colino
The BLK is great for large properties with swimming pools and extensive gardens. It’s great for commercial use such as hotels and resorts too.
I bought one 10 months ago and I have used it a dozen times. I’m going to sell mine and hire one when I need it in future. I am based in Ireland so the real estate market where I get most work rarely has the large gardens with pools.

So hire one if the properties in your area are not suitable or if you don’t do much commercial work.
Hey @Colino, thanks for your response. When are you selling yours? How much for? Do you have the software and the publishing licence with it or is on subscription?
Post 8 IP   flag post
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron0987
@Views4D It really depends on what your looking for in a final product, if your providing point cloud data to architects or builder great investment. If you are only doing real-estate tours I personally think you could invest in other equipment. I guess my question is what is your final goal before I think you could get good advice.
Hey @ron0987 I was thinking commercial and large areas.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Colino private msg quote post Address this user
I have Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colino

Hey @Colino, thanks for your response. When are you selling yours? How much for? Do you have the software and the publishing licence with it or is on subscription?

I use it with the MP capture ap. I have a free account with Leica that I use for firmware updates.

I am going to sell it in next month or so. Please Private Message me.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Views4D if your looking for just 3d walk thru tours I think there are other solutions to what your looking for. If you buy Blk360 and Pro2 camera you just invested $16,000 on Blk360 and $4400 on Pro2 camera, return on invest might not be there. After working with Matterport as a company I have my concerns especially after that big of an investment. I would look at Cupix and pro grade camera and 360 capture system. There is another company that uses a laser scanner and Canon camera which give better photos and only costs about $4500. I am not at my desktop and can't remember that company's name but I would definitely look at them. Just my input. The other systems require more work by you but I think way better output for any use. My background is the use of scanners,but more familiar with Faro which is not compatible with Matterport.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Garnetwest private msg quote post Address this user
@views4d - I posted this about a month ago.

clickable text
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Views4D The system I was trying to identify is Iguide, I would definitely look at them and contact them to see if it would work for what your looking for. I have seen this product and after working with MP for so long I wish I had gone with them. Product similar and at far less than Blk360 and Pro2 camera together. Hopefully this helps.
Post 13 IP   flag post
London, England
Hey @ron0987, thank you for your response. I will check them out and see. BLK360 is quite pricey.
Post 14 IP   flag post
101641 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?