Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 837 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 35,106 Page Views | 19,195 Unique Visitors | 29 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
AdviceFloor PlansHow ToScanningStrategy

Large scale facility and floorplan12362

Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
I have a client that wants to generate a floor plan based off a Matterport rendering of 80,000 sq footage. Upon further discussion, it may be wise to use a blueprint of the facility and have an artist render a color floor plan. From there, I can add Mattertags of individual models (should I proceed with a massive tour) or a html link of a series of stills for website usage based off a graphic of a floor plan.
Thus: (1) Is there an artist that can render a 3D version off a blueprint (2) Is it worth scanning 80,000 sq feet (my concern is a large model with slow load times).
Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@Wonderdawg

@MP2FP can help you. Simply Private Message @MP2FP It's a 100+ person company that offers many services, including:

✓ 2D Floor Plans
✓ 3D Floor Plans
✓ 2D Renderings
✓ 3D Renderings
✓ Matterport MatterPak to CAD
✓ CAD modeling

Etc.

Best,

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Wonderdawg private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Dan! You’re such a wealth of knowledge, kinda like Google!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
I scanned an 83,000 s/f facility last week. Still having processing issues.

It was 1350+ scans overall, vacant hospital. iPad Pro 2020 with 1TB of ram.

App crashed at 1144 scans which is what Matterport Support said was the trigger for a second model.

The 200 ish scan model was about 7500 s/f and processed fine.

I just broke the model into two pieces of 384 and 700 ish scans to reprocess. Processing is failing and they are saying now that it's too many scans, but won't say what the limit is. Takes 36 to 48 hours to fail.

If you have repeating rooms / spaces you may need April Tags. The key seems to be making sure the camera can see 2 of them in the trouble areas at any time. So for Hospital rooms which are all identical I put one outside each door and one deep in the room so that the hall scan between doors could see 2 nearby and 2 in the distance. Then when entering the room the camera can see 2 to 3 (one opposing and one on the far and near outside walls).

I had to stay out of the bathrooms in each hospital room because they caused massive alignment issues. So I did one in each wing, except for ICU which shared a half-bath between each pair of rooms. There I propped the doors with door stops and scanned each room, up to the bath and then one scan in the bath once I had both rooms done. The camera was able to see an April Tag in each room from the bathroom.

Think through your strategy and bring a bag of doorstops. 15 to 20 is a good number to have on-hand for dealing with commercial doors. Sometimes you have double them up if the door is too high.
Post 4 IP   flag post
MP2FP
Floor Plans
Bangkok THA
mp2fp private msg quote post Address this user
Dear @Wonderdawg yes we confirm MP2FP can produce 2D or 3D floorplans or BIM models in any size, file format, standard or style wished.

Just contact us on contact@mp2fp.com with some input and we will give you a fast feedback. Standard 2D and 3D floorplans can be ordered directly fast and affordable on the www.mp2fp.com. Discount for all WGAN members as standard.

We will as well be happy to give you some input and tips to make your large scale measure most possible accurate and manage-able with a few easy actions to be aware of when you are in field and do the scan.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Gerhard private msg quote post Address this user
@briangreul I have scanned 4 very large schools. The app crashed when I went over 500 scans. Was a total nightmare.

But the only thing that saved me was Super DEE. She stitched all the models for me some had uptown 30 separate models that had to get stitched. Ad she did a stellar job in a record time. So can Matterport still stitch models or are they too busy working on the iPhone app ??? That is also rubbish by the way.

I am not pushing Matterport for big spaces anymore , I just tell the customers sorry Matterport cant do it anymore. Because breaking up a model and doing linked annotations is crap and looks stupid. It defeats the use of the floor plan and dollhouse view.

And started to sell the iPad capturing too realtors that does not want to use my services. Let us see how long they can last with the horrible experience. I just say it is so easy you just point and spin, and its free. Who does not want free ??? Especially realtors. Seeing they also have all the time in the world now to go out and do scanning with the housing market flaming out.
Post 6 IP   flag post
101630 6 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?