Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Customer ServiceMuseumsProblemsScanning

Adventures in high scan count models.12354

Houston
briangreul private msg quote post Address this user
So, the saga of the 80,000 s/f Castle Matterport continues.

After uploading it twice the model timed out at 48 hours.

Matterport support came back and said, gee, it contains 1144 scans and that's why it won't process. So much for "there is no limit except what your iPad can handle." So apparently there is a processing limit but we don't know what it is at this time.

Their response was to have me split the model on the ipad. Does anyone know of an efficient way to delete scans? Clicking on each one and then clicking "delete" and waiting 10 seconds isn't my idea of efficient.
Post 1 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@briangreul

Wish it was better news ...

After you have duplicated your original model on your iPad, can you select more than one scan before deleting?

Dan
Post 2 IP   flag post
Hilton Head Island, SC
THRHHI private msg quote post Address this user
In the old capture app you could select a whole bunch of scan points and delte them all at once. To my knowledge that has gone away in the current versions.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Houston
@DanSmigrod - no. It appears to only let you do one at a time as @Thrhhi mentioned.

I'm going to try using the remove mark and see if that has any impact on the space. I really wish Matterport would share information. It's very "Wizard of Oz" feeling... magic behind a curtain... probably a monkey with a stick and a tin can.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Houston
Does anyone have insight into what the Remove Marker actually does? i.e. if you put it in a model does the processing engine ignore scans that are on the remove side?
Post 5 IP   flag post
JonJ private msg quote post Address this user
Press down on one scan point for a few seconds and then you will be able to multi-select, and delete.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Expertise private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to scan the Orlando International Airport.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Houston
So I split the model.... and 780 ish scans processed. So that may be the high water mark.

I don't have time to test it further to see if a higher model would test.
Post 8 IP   flag post
DMarks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangreul
So I split the model.... and 780 ish scans processed. So that may be the high water mark.

I don't have time to test it further to see if a higher model would test.

Did that end up being 780 scans in one model that you uploaded? How long did it take for matterport to process it and get it back to you?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Houston
Yes, and a day. I think they kill the processing after 24 hours. But processing seems to have sped up significantly.

I uploaded 3 models yesterday afternoon that were 200+ scans each and they were done this morning.
Post 10 IP   flag post
DMarks private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by briangreul
Yes, and a day. I think they kill the processing after 24 hours. But processing seems to have sped up significantly.

I uploaded 3 models yesterday afternoon that were 200+ scans each and they were done this morning.

Thank you for the quick reply! When you split up the 80,000 sq ft model you originally posted about, did you have them stitch it back together as one tour or did you link them via mattertags? If they did stitch it together, what was the turnaround time from Matterport?
Post 11 IP   flag post
Houston
I believe it was. My deliverable was the completed scans so I don't know what finally happened or how they ultimately used it. The space was a vacant hospital and there were parts of it that were unscannable. Even with Apriltags I couldn't reliably scan in the bathrooms in each patient room. As it was I had to deploy the Apriltags in a fairly high density. I would have needed too many to scan the bathrooms. I personally didn't see the point as all the rooms and bathrooms were identical anyway. SMH.

I scanned close to 100,000 s/f over the last few days. It was mostly on separate levels, but did involve some 20,000 s/f spaces that had lots of repeating geometry.

My advice is to plan your scans and to keep your AprilTags handy. They will save your bacon when the camera can't tell where it is.
Post 12 IP   flag post
101432 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?