Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 38 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
DroneDrone Pilot Ground SchoolNewbies

The 3 Best Drones For Beginners12323

WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
Bustle (21 June 2020) The 3 Best Drones For Beginners

Hi All,

Which drone do you feel is best for beginners to learn to fly for real estate photography?

Best,

Dan

To save $50 on Drone Pilot Ground School, please Private Message me with the Subject Line:
Save $50 on Drone Pilot Ground School
Post 1 IP   flag post
martel private msg quote post Address this user
Mavic pro 2
Post 2 IP   flag post
ron0987 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't know if it's the best for beginners but for the overall cost, accessories and easy of flying I bought the Autel EVO. Full package extra batteries, case and controller sale price $800. Good photos video easy flying.
Post 3 IP   flag post
EaglePrecision private msg quote post Address this user
I assume the question is: "Best drone for photographers to begin flying to get aerial shots?"

Arguably the easiest drones to start with are the DJI Mavic series. One could argue that you should not invest a lot in your first drone but you still need a decent camera. So, with those criteria, I would suggest a Mavic Air or the new Mavic Air 2 which is getting good reviews. You can get all your equipment for under $1,000.

However, if you can invest more, the I would suggest starting with the Mavic 2 Pro (all the equipment you might need for under $2,000):
- for safety: sensors all around to keep it from hitting objects it shouldn't (something that is almost guaranteed for a beginner). It's also nearly bullet-proof (in fact there was a recent story of one that was actually hit by a bullet and kept flying all the way back home). Easy-to-replace propellers.
- One of the easiest to fly - but get someone experienced to do your initial settings.
Many intelligent modes - for instance, the POI intelligent mode is easy to set up for a circular flight around the house for photos and/or video.
- Hasselblad camera with 1" sensor for best photos + variable aperture and a lot of flexibility in camera settings.
- Wide availability of accessories & software
- Easy to transport and operate at a property. I've seen an experienced drone photographer park near a property, get the Mavic 2 unpacked, up and running, take a dozen or so photos in the air, pack up and leave in about 10 minutes.
- High reliability and retains its value (if you think you might want an upgrade eventually).

All that being said, however, my go-to primary all around drone is the DJI Phantom 4 Pro which also has a 1" sensor camera but with a slightly wider field of view and a global shutter which reduces the risk of soft images on a windy day. It's also nearly indestructible (except for the gimbal).
Post 4 IP   flag post
101428 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?