Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,052 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 27 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
BLK360Leica

What is the Leica BLK360 paired with Matterport Capture App Workflow?12313

Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
tresdepro private msg quote post Address this user
Hello members
does anyone knows the workflow with BLK360 and MP capture app?

do you place every scan points 6.5ft (2-3 meters) apart same as a regular MP Camera or could you place the scan points much further apart?

thanks
Post 1 IP   flag post
SpencerLasky private msg quote post Address this user
Hola - mi esposa Peruana, Lima !

I was able to use about 10'

https://my.matterport.com/show/?m=SmvE9SYcrML

HDR setting was 3

Just a note the distance you can go from the ipad is short so many times I ended up under the tripod.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@SpencerLasky

oh what a coincidence! next time you are in Lima we should meet

Let me ask you how many scans, how big it was this model and how long did it take you?

best

Angelo
Post 3 IP   flag post
Cincinnati, OH
leonherbert private msg quote post Address this user
I was using it at about 30 feet apart, but it depends on what you are capturing. Wide open spaces you can use about 30 feet.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@leonherbert
great thanks
do you have a sample?
Post 5 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
@Tresdepro
Hi Angelo,
What type of project do you have and what deliverable are you giving your client? Is there a reason you are considering the BLK360? Are you also giving the point cloud to them or just the virtual tour?

Regarding your time question, it takes somewhere around 2 or 3 minutes per scan (or at least those were my results the last time I tried it last year). It is important to keep that in mind for planning because it may not sound like a lot but it adds up very quickly, especially if you are used to the 30 seconds per scan tempo of a Matterport camera.

Hope that is helpful.

Best,
Doug
Post 6 IP   flag post
Nadir Patch
and MP2Edit
Lima, Peru
@DougMagners
Hi Doug,
it's an outdoor power plant 125,937.75sqft but not scanning every corner just about 6,000sqft. I'll give them point cloud and virtual tour.

I guess I can scan it in 200-300 scans 30ft separation each scan

do you have a sample I can take a look at?

thanks

Ang
Post 7 IP   flag post
DougMagners private msg quote post Address this user
@Tresdepro
Hi Angelo,

Wow, that is a large project! I wonder if there are others here with more experience than me, because I would be worried about the file size and the ability of the ipad and capture app to keep up on a BLK360 project that big. Again, maybe somebody else can give some insights to that aspect but just a thought to consider. Perhaps if you are only doing 6,000 sqft you might be OK.

Unfortunately my example wouldn't be very representative of the Matterport point cloud, because I only used Matterport for the virtual tour. You see, when you use the BLK360, even with the Matterport capture app, it is still saving the raw scans on the scanner itself, so I uploaded my project through the Matterport capture app for the virtual tour and then separately pulled the raw scans off the BLK360 into Autodesk ReCap and used that workflow to generate my point cloud.

I will PM you some more details on that specific project.

Best,
Doug
Post 8 IP   flag post
Tosolini
Productions
Bellevue, Washington
Tosolini private msg quote post Address this user
Here is an example of BLK360 model where I was testing the ability to push the scans beyond 10m (30ft) apart

Post 9 IP   flag post
101641 9 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?