Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 713 Unique Visitors
9,032 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 38,564 Page Views | 18,538 Unique Visitors | 37 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
Capture AppCrashing

Urgent: Matterport Capture App update 4.0.2 crashing12303

BenAdgie private msg quote post Address this user
Seems the Capture App updated today. I went to modify a tour with roughly 50 scans and the app says “we are checking and updating each scan. Please keep the app in the foreground” and crashes when the progress circle completes. A few of my scans will load and a few will not. Anyone else seeing this crash?
Post 1 IP   flag post
mib94 private msg quote post Address this user
What device do you use for the scans? I use an iPad Air 2 and have seen in the update notes that iPads with less than 2gb ram are having crash issues.
Post 2 IP   flag post
That may be answer then. I am using a 5th gen iPad (2gb).... it’s always something. Thanks for the insight.

Anyone with an iPad Pro having any scan update / scan issues?
Post 3 IP   flag post
First non Pro iPad with 3gb is 2019. Per Wikipedia, the original 9.7” pro had 2gb. All other pros have at least 4gb.

Anyone else in the market for a new iPad?
Post 4 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
lilnitsch private msg quote post Address this user
4.0.1 I lost an entire 5,500 SqFt home when the app quit while wrapping up the last bedroom. I now duplicate models every 30-40 scan positions or so, as a fail safe to not loos an entire model

I haven’t encountered any issues with 4.0.2 but I am still exercising caution and duplicating models every 30-40 scan positions
Post 5 IP   flag post
I just ordered some new iPads because of this
Post 6 IP   flag post
Narvan891 private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch That's beyond distressing to hear -- what model of ipad were you using?
Post 7 IP   flag post
iPad Air 2's - I had 5 of them so wasn't very happy replacing them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Narvan891

2018 iPad Pro 256 gb model w/100gb of free space
Post 9 IP   flag post
Narvan891 private msg quote post Address this user
@lilnitsch Think its a ram issue? Processor speed? Or the luck of the draw? Yours is 4 gigs of ram -- 2020 256 gig Pro is 6 gigs
Post 10 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@Narvan891

Honestly ~ I believe 4.0.1 & 4.0.2 are just unstable builds
Post 11 IP   flag post
denlee private msg quote post Address this user
The update is working fine so far on my iPad which is a Pro 12.9" 256GB.
Post 12 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
@mib94 These ARE beta builds, I would not necessarily make a policy of purchasing hardware based on issues in them, unless you were due for an upgrade anyway. That said, unless they intend on changing the base memory requirement (which isn't likely) then this will have to go away for a GM build.

iPad Pro 3rd and 4th generation so far no issues other than those of the known type.
Post 13 IP   flag post
WGAN Fan
CLUB Member
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
@RichardStanton

4.0.1 & 4.0.2 may be beta builds but, they have been fast tracked to the App Store due to issues in previous builds

I would be more sympathetic to Matterport if this was a TestFlight version that I was running on my production iPad but this is not the case I never run any of the betas on my production iPads

Post 14 IP   flag post
dave3d private msg quote post Address this user
4.0.1 was having a lot of issues for us. And a while back in the various updates we "got caught in" caused us to lose scan access via workshop. We had I think around 10 scans we couldn't get to and one of those was an 18 hour job with hundreds of scan positions.

Moving to 4.0.2 we got the message mentioned above but all those scans we "lost" in workshop weren't really gone. And after the 4.0.2 update they repopulated and we have them back.

If this is in another thread (and it probably is) my apologies. Just wanted folks to know we were very happy to get our workshop access back without having to rescan.

I think a Matterport Update Schedule Thread here might save a lot of grief for a lot of members. It seems some folks find the when updates are coming before others do.
Post 15 IP   flag post
RichardStanton private msg quote post Address this user
@dave3d, this is partly due to some users using the TestFlight builds for an early perspective (good or bad) on the next coming release. To @lilnitsch's point though, it looks like the *beta* builds are being merged into the production branch very quickly. We had 5 scans lost to the same defect you encountered but were specifically testing beta to confirm that the fix worked and did not in fact cause more data corruption. I did not think that Apple's App Store policies allowed same-version builds to simultaneously be deployed in a production and beta branch. @lilnitsch this at least explains a minor mystery when I went to drop the beta version onto another of our devices that had not been using the beta builds, it informed me that I already had that version installed... I suppose that is ONE way to ensure that your beta program has high participation. :p Scary.
Post 16 IP   flag post
101436 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?