Helping You Connect the Dots to Succeed Faster
WGAN-TV: Now Playing
Next on WGAN-TV Live at 5
Free WGAN Map
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see the number of Matterport Pro3s and/or BLK360s for each Matterport Pro.
View WGAN Map
Contact Info
Locations of Matterport Pro3 Camera Service Providers and see name, company, website, email and mobile phone for each Matterport Pro.
Join WGAN Sponsor
Get on the Map | A Service of We Get Around Network (not affiliated with Matterport)
One Order  |  One Quote  |  One Contact
Book Multiple GLOBAL Commercial Locations
  • ✔  As-Builts
  • ✔  Construction Progress
  • ✔  Facilities Management
Last 24 Hours: 692 Unique Visitors
9,053 WGAN Members in 148 Countries
Last 30 Days: 34,455 Page Views | 19,142 Unique Visitors | 28 New Members
We Get Around Network Forum
Quick Start | WGAN Forum
3D ShowcaseBusiness PlanNewbies

Expiring a showcase?123

BrettMtn private msg quote post Address this user
I've not yet used the Matterport, but I'm planning on setting up shop in my area. I haven't found any info on if it's possible to set an "expiration" on a showcase. I am thinking this would be useful to 1. have recourse if payment is not made in full and 2. set pricing based on length of time the show will be available (i.e. real estate has a shorter use that a venue who wants to show off their space might - customers with longer use should pay more). If it's possible, is it something you can do ahead of time (set it and forget it) or is it something you do manually? Any thoughts? Anyone price in this way?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Glenda private msg quote post Address this user
Right now, it's just on or off (public or private) ... we can't even delete them!
Post 2 IP   flag post
dfellars private msg quote post Address this user
I don't price it that way, but you always have the option of making the scan private.

All scans start out as private on you matterport site. When you share them you mark them public. Right now, if you want them to expire, you'll have to set it back to private manually.

Dan Fellars
www.scandimensions.com
Post 3 IP   flag post
cool. thanks for the help. I figured it was an option, just didn't see anything about it. If you can't delete them, what happens when you reach the max amount on your plan?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I think it will be a "cross that bridge" thing. Deleting seems to be a basic option they must include
Post 5 IP   flag post
along similar lines - is it easy to determine the overall square footage scanned? Also thinking of basing pricing on actual square footage scanned (not what's listed in the MLS).
Post 6 IP   flag post
DoyleRealtor private msg quote post Address this user
If the home is a box, then yes it is easy. (length x width) x of floors. If it has odd cut outs then no, you basically have to make each measurement, sketch it, and do the math. There are companies that can take that file and create a floor plan with dimensions but it is not a included feature with Matterport at this time.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Jamie private msg quote post Address this user
I do floor plans based on the scan. It's not as simple as they make it seem in the matterport promotional video however. I wish it was.
Essentially most floor plan software will give you an overall square footage once you draw the outside perimeter of the house/building/room. Good software packages can then delete the unoccupied sections of the room, to give you a total livable square footage. Some realtors will not want this however, as it decreases the overall square footage of the property.

If you want a rough square footage of a floor space, PM me and I can help you
Post 8 IP   flag post
It sounds like there's no easy answer. I was hoping that the software would give you a total square footage mapped for a given job. That way it would exclude any areas you don't shoot (i.e. behind closed doors) and included areas that you shoot that might not be calculated in the MLS square footage (basements). I was going to base my pricing on the square footage scanned, but that seems like it would be complicated.

@DanSmigrod I see that We Get Around charges by the square foot - is this based on just the listed MLS square footage or do you calculate it for each scan? Do you get any haggling from the customers about this?
Post 9 IP   flag post
WGAN Forum
Founder &
WGAN-TV Podcast
Host
Atlanta, Georgia
DanSmigrod private msg quote post Address this user
@BrettMtn depends

1. Clients often know; will use their number from marketing tools
2. Our FloorMe service (available to all) calculates SF
3. Measure in 3D Workshop (while time-consuming, we will do screen captures and proved to clients because they find it helpful)

Obviously we all would prefer Matterport to calculate SF since many of us charge for our services this way. Please add your thoughts to wish list threads

Shooting all day/night Tuesday, so I will be slow to reply if you ask a follow-up

Best,

Dan
Post 10 IP   flag post
101641 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?